Blisters and Marathon training

4 messages
18/03/2013 at 09:06

Hello,

Please can someone kindly help me.

For some stupid reason, i decided to wash my trainers which has made them shrink! I then tried to go for a run and got a huge blister on each heel. I stopped running yesterday and tried again today and they are agony again this morning!

I am running the marathon on 21st April so would really appreciate some help as to what to do. Do i let them heel or run through the pain? (agh!)

My running is going well, I was up to 16 miles last weekend and planned to do 18 yesterday. Is there other exercise that would help me?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you

19/03/2013 at 06:33
I washed mine they became a bit tight but seem to have broken them in again now!
21/03/2013 at 14:44

I dont know if this will work for you but when I had a blister problem I put duck tape on top of my socks where the sore area was and it cured it for me. Good luck.

21/03/2013 at 16:13
Now that's a good idea !!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.