Can I?

7 messages
03/12/2002 at 22:38
Keyworth Turkey Trot Sunday - club handicap race (6kish) Thursday night - good idea or not?
H.
04/12/2002 at 09:44
Anything with the words 'turkey' and 'trot' can only be a good idea!
04/12/2002 at 11:28
Yeah, why not? I would. Just take it easy this week. And eat lots of food. And have a few recuperative pints in the Brunswick (you're in Derby, aren't you?) on Friday night. And Saturday night.
04/12/2002 at 13:13
The handicap is tomorrow and the half this Sunday - sorry I probably implied it was the other way round.

I know I wont feel stiff or anything because generally I don't suffer like that but I wondered if I would be fully fresh for Sunday if I ran fast of Thursday.

04/12/2002 at 14:42
I read on one of the training plans that you should do a 10km race the week before a half as it gets your body used to the speed etc, so what's a couple of days...?!!?
04/12/2002 at 14:45
OK I'll do it - plenty more half marathons in the sea anyway.
04/12/2002 at 16:53
..and if the half marathon goes badly you can always say that you were "just treating it as your long Sunday run"

So remember, rest, food, plenty of beer ...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.