Carbo loading recipes

5 messages
08/03/2005 at 14:57
I've got a bowl of white bread dough rising now. I'm going to spread it with pesto, roll it up, stick it in a loaf tin and bake it.

So what's your favourite recipe for carbo loading?
08/03/2005 at 15:11
Loaf of bread.

munch munch
08/03/2005 at 15:59
I have lots and lots of recipes for pasta dishes, but I will try and look up some for more adventurous fare.

One I particularly like is

chop up huge variety of veg...parsnips, carrots, zucchini, eggplant,broccoli, red & yellow peppers. Add a cup of pine nuts, cup of sundried tomatoes, and 2 tbs of pesto. Lots of ground pepper and salt. Roast in the oven until tender. Add to big bowl of giant size pasta.
13/03/2005 at 17:41
I like the sound of the roast veg pasta thing. Has anyone got any more? I'm tapering towards the Wilmslow half marathon on Sunday 20th so I could really use some scrumptious recipes. How about sweet stuff? Any favourite muffin recipes?
30/05/2005 at 21:07
is there any special way/trick to carbo loading? am running the blackpool half marathon 19/05/05. more recipes for a veggie would be more than helpful.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.