Cardio foundation

3 messages
11/08/2003 at 10:03
I’m on a program of trying to build a sound cardio foundation, I am trying to keep my MHR below 80%, for me this is 149 BPM, to achieve this I have to drop my speed which is so frustrating especially as I am in training for Dublin, I’m assured my speed will increase but do I have the time?
11/08/2003 at 10:26
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to find a quick and easy way to train for a marathon? If so let us all know if you find one.

Training for Dublin? Are you a Dub? Are you going for this years one?
11/08/2003 at 10:53
Hi Tunney

I am training for Dublin Marathon in Oct, I am not looking for a quick training session I am on a program for the marathon and I am in week 11 now, I have run a Marathon before and several Half Marathons, what I am trying to do is build a good solid Cardio Foundation to give me the endurance, this is a program that is used I believe for triathlon competitors prior to events to build strength and endurance, I guess my question is should I be trying to achieve both a good level of cardio stability which means slowing down my natural pace for an alleged short period of time or should I just focus on the Marathon program and forget the cardio control program at this stage before a Marathon ?

For information I am no natural athlete but I know I have a sub 4 hr Marathon in the old legs.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.