Clubs near Cardiff?

10 messages
K2
15/01/2006 at 21:28
A year or so ago I was looking at websites of clubs near/in Cardiff and one had a page in memory of one of their runners who had committed suicide. The article was very sensible and practical.

I've been trying to find it again but can't remember which club it belonged to and it looks as though a few of the sites have been updated.

Can anyone tell me the name of the club or give me a link to the article?

Thanks.
ImRio    pirate
16/01/2006 at 10:38
Not sure but is it Les Croupiers?
The only club I know that had a runner die (don't know if it was suicide) and they have a race in her memory
K2
20/01/2006 at 20:52
Thanks, Rio.
My computer's been acting up, but I'll have a look at the site. Are their club clolours black and white? I remember the site I looked at being very b and w.
20/01/2006 at 21:07
Les Croupiers are red and white. black and white is islwyn.

http://www.lescroupiersrunningclub.org.uk/

They got tins on there.
20/01/2006 at 22:51
K2, the "suicide article" was from the Les Croupiers site. If I lived in Cardiff now, that's the club I'd run for.
20/01/2006 at 23:18
Les croups are red and green actaully
they also think 12 min miles is worthless
ImRio    pirate
21/01/2006 at 12:11
Yea Hippo they are not nice to slow runners at all!!!
21/01/2006 at 12:19
Hippo/Rio

"If I lived in Cardiff now, that's the club I'd run for."

Just to confirm that the above preference is personal (the Club was formed by a group of runners I used to run with back in the 70s). It shouldn't be meant to imply that am not sympathetic to the efforts of slower runners.

Just so there's no misunderstanding:-)
21/01/2006 at 12:56
Hippo
Sorry I was thinking of the welsh falg!
Tom
I had my 1st run with them on thursday.
Happy to see me there even if I had 5 minutes to change and move my a**e.
K2
21/01/2006 at 20:40
Found it!
Many thanks. I'll send the link on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.