Confused with schedules

2 messages
08/01/2003 at 19:44
I know that there have been threads about this before but I am still confused.

I have been training for the FLM since Sep form complete beginner and ran/walked my first 8.5 miler the other day in 1hr 27 min which i wes vwey please with.

I am not sure what schedule to follow as some of them seem to easy and some of them seem a bit adventerous for me. Also the schedlues say to vary your long run each week but surely if i want to build up my milage I should just be increasing by say, 1 mile a week from now on?? Also How many times should I be out there, at the moment I run 2-4 times a week, I know I should probably be out there more but i can't go on my own as I loose motivation and end up walking, whereas if I go with someone i work harder.

I am soo confused. eeeek

Sara
08/01/2003 at 20:38
Sara

I know how you feel about your motivation. Iwent throught the same thing last year train for the Nottingham half marathon. I found if you have a goal (i.e. raising money for charity) it makes more reason for you training. As you will not want to let the people down who have sponsored you.

I would recommend running as often as you body allows you. Mine only allows every other day. If I run two days on the trot then I get muscle pain. If you need a partner to train with have you looked at
www.badlytrainedmonkey.com it is a good website.

James

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.