Correcting hip rotation- methods?

3 messages
29/06/2009 at 23:00

Hi chaps,

Just been to the excellent fellows at Sweatshop Maidstone and got myself fitted up for a new pair of trainers, having reviewed all the slo-mo camera footage of my legs etc.

One thing the lad pointed out was that I over-rotated my hips causing my legs to end up very 'underneath' me (sounds strange to say) and my feet out at a slight angle ("10 to 2" position). All not noticeable normally but very apparent on the cameras. 

Anyone know of any training methods, or stretches to help correct my technique? Many thanks

Chris

18/02/2013 at 17:57
I am doing this on my right leg be good if someone could help
06/03/2013 at 05:37
Could be any number of reasons - possiblly big toe could be stiff, hip could lack internal rotation, hip flexors may be tight, foot might go through late pronation .

Need to get it checked by someone who understands the biomechanics of running and how to correct it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.