Coventry Running club

5 messages
04/12/2012 at 21:18

Hi all

I have been running for a few months and regularly run my local Parkrun, I have run a 10k race and am currently signed up to do my 1st half marathon in March and my 1st full marathon in April.

I live in the Coventry area and would like to join a local running club but just do not know which club would be best.

I would like to join a group of runners so I could improve on my fitness and knowledge.

What advice can anyone give me in relation to the clubs in the Coventry area ?

04/12/2012 at 21:22

Hi Craig,

I'm in Rugby but went for a run with the guys from Sphinx AC in Coventry and it was a really friendly, nice club. Everyone was very welcoming and it was very relaxed - in a speedy way!

I didn't join only because the drive to get there was a bit too far for me to commt to twice a week, but I wouldn't have hesitated to join if they were a bit closer!

Hope this helps!

04/12/2012 at 21:54

Ok yeah thanks for that, it seems exactly what im looking for in a club (a nice friendly atmosphere) I will check out to see if they have a website etc  and look into it further.

04/12/2012 at 22:03

Great! Good luck!

05/12/2012 at 19:42

Anyone on here from the Sphinx AC club ?

been checking out the website and cant find any information as to how much membership costs ? also cant seem to find an email address on the site to contact anyone ?

thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.