Do long runs get easier

21 to 23 of 23 messages
26/03/2009 at 18:23

Kelly - Unless you ran your 20 to quickly you should breeze under 4hrs.

I'm doing Edinburgh as well , it is strange how your perspective changes as the mileage increases soon you'll be saying oh it's only a marathon

26/03/2009 at 21:03

It was probably a bit quick for a LSR for me (9.19mm) and I don't think I could have done more than a few more steps, but I was fine by the afternoon, so I'm excited to see how the training is pulling everything together. My best half time is 1.50.16 (which I'll be seriously challenging in Redcar) so I think I'll either be just under 4 or just over. It's really the unknown after 20 miles so I have no idea how I'll cope in the last miles.

I'm doing the coast to coast bike ride the weekend after so have been doing some cycling too and thoughts of a duathlon in the future come creeping in and then I smack myself and tell myself not to be too crazy.

Mark - here is where I got my gels. It does let you buy multiple packs so it saved me a fortune. The drinks are not to my taste, too powdery, but it is worth it for the gels alone.

26/03/2009 at 23:29

Kaysdee- crikey thats cheap might give them a bash

Joe- strange isnt it about mileages increasing then you thoughts of an easy 10 miles or half becoming almost not worthy of talkin about.

Not having a good running week weather is mince, im on nights and work is dull. done some hills on wednesday but paid the price for it come 3am

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.