Don't understand

2 messages
03/12/2004 at 20:59
I haven't run for almost 3 months and went on Tuesday for the 1st time expecting it to be slow and painful. Bizarrely I ran almost a minute and half faster per mile than I did the last time I ran.

I was really stiff afterwards, understandably. I went again today and again I'm much faster than I was 3 months ago. Not only that but it felt almost effortless today and I reckon I could get faster yet.

What is going on ? I've done no running at all in that time apart from 10 mins on a treadmill about 6 weeks ago. I have done a little cycling but only about once per fortnight.

I could hardly be accused of overtraining 3 months ago as I used to do about 10 miles per week. Has this happened to anyone else ? Maybe I just got into a rut of just plodding and the break has allowed me to forget it.
03/12/2004 at 22:02
Were you running up a hill before and down a hill now?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.