Energy/Recovery Drinks

4 messages
10/07/2006 at 20:33
just wondering what people use for their training. im wondering if i should splash out some cash on them, but not sure if i actually need them.

My Current training involved 3 runs (of 30-40 mins at the mo, will be increasing) 2 spin classes of an hour each,2 gym sessions of an hour, and also 3 swims of around an hour.

I have been looking at the SiS drinks and was thinking about gettin the psp22 and the rego recovery drink. What are your views?
10/07/2006 at 20:55
If you have an Asda near you use there own brand it is cheaper and just as good.
11/07/2006 at 22:47
If you really are a Fattyonadiet, they're extra sugar calories that you don't need.
12/07/2006 at 11:00
Would absolutely agree with Vrap - for the length of time you're exercising, you really don't need that extra fuel, especially if you're looking to lose weight.
I don't take anything extra until I'm running for 2 hours + - and even then I take water and some energy sweets just in case.

If you feel you need a 'recovery' drink to stop you eating everything in sight after training (some people do!), then chocolate milk is a great one - and much cheaper than the official sports stuff. Slimfast also works (yep - is basically the same composition!). But again, you probably at the moment don't really need anything other than a normal balanced diet.

I managed to gain weight when I started running by thinking I needed extra fuel for running 3-4 hours per week. Nope - not necessary:-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.