Falling in love with a treadmill

61 to 61 of 61 messages
12/12/2008 at 13:16

Interesting thread. I've just started running on the treadmill again, after about a year off. I use it for speedwork and intervals, despite also going to my club's speedwork night. There's something exhilarating about cranking up the speed on a treadmill. It's more rewarding than running outside, in that sense, because the display tells you your exact speed.

Also, I've found that I've lost the ability to 'sense' my pace in races; thinking this might be because I've stopped using the treadmill, so also trying to rectify this.

Would never use it for a long run though (I'd go cycling instead). I'd fall asleep!

Currently undecided whether to do a 4 mile recovery run on the tm this avo. On the plus side, as a poster above mentioned, it'll allow me to monitor my speed and keep it slow. However, that may also induce severe boredom. Although I would quite like to use the bikes in the gym as well....

They definitely have their uses (although I'm not yet in love...)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 61 of 61 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.