Favourite run

21 to 32 of 32 messages
01/09/2002 at 19:36
Fortunately Laura I've not encountered any hissing swans, I understand they can be quite nasty when protecting their babies.

Now cows that's another story!
02/09/2002 at 06:23
MikeS

How can you run without glasses? I always wear mine and use one of these racquet sports straps to hold them in place - works fine.

I also wear a cap which keeps rain & sweat off them. Only problems can be steaming up, but an occasional clean with a demister remedies that.
02/09/2002 at 13:31
Notably, although not my favourite, was running around Central Park in New York.

Around the resevoir and back - with my mate Warren - who kept on about some famous film where Dustin Hoffman (or was it John Voight) gets shot.

Other favourites are when I've gone out despite "not really feeling like it" - to return with that glow of satisfaction - any time any place will do.
02/09/2002 at 13:37
Have many in and around the Cleveland Hills - There are some fantastic views to be had from Roseberry Topping - Favourite run takes me over 13 miles of moors and involves around 3500ft of climbing - Have done this twice a month(Often more) for around 17 years (from age 12) and still love the run - no many of the animals on route by name.... No better way to clear away a Saturday night.... Would reccomend to anyone...
24/10/2002 at 12:47
Any good tips regarding running in Edinburgh in the evening (in the dark hours). I recently moved to Edinburgh and currently live in the West End and only get to run after work.
M
24/10/2002 at 12:59
One of my favourite runs is also Holyrood Park in Edinburgh - fabulous views, although it is getting too dark at night now to run there. My other favourite run is back home in Dundee is Crombie Country park.It has a great path around the reservoir, is approx 5k and mostly flat so it makes a nice change from the hills at Holyrood!
24/10/2002 at 13:16
Laura Hi, I am so jealous of you, what a fantastic place the Lakes is, my favourite place in the whole country, especially Hawkshead, spent many a happy hour in the Sun Inn. I have allways wanted to live there.
I have never run there but have walked plenty, though I will remedy that in March at Coniston.
You will not believe this but I have got on my Drunken Duck tee shirt as we speak (or type)...........
24/10/2002 at 21:26
I love running on the trails around Bradgate Park and Swithland woods in Charnwood forest. Bradgate is a fairly hilly ancient deer park, about 4.5m around and covered in bracken. It's unbelievably picturesque for a county which is mainly farmland and I can run anything from a 4 mile tempo (on a tarmac path) to 13 miles - Fantastic.
Psi
24/10/2002 at 21:43
My two favourite places to run are quite different from one another. One is the Peak District National Park - not as challenging as the Brecon Beacons can be, but still tough, yet beautiful. Lots of nice trails etc, and of course if you want to you can run along the Pennine Way.

My other favourite is running through Manchester city centre. I don't know why this is, but I find running past all my favourite shops, pubs and clubs to be very enjoyable. Not to mention the feeling of smug superiority you get when you, the at-peace Zen runner, streak past moronic Yuppies helpless at the traffic lights.
25/10/2002 at 09:31
The Drunken Duck eh Gaz! Sadly it's turned into posh eating place these days, fancy menu with prices to match, like lots of good pubs I guess.
25/10/2002 at 20:41
My favourite running route is around the forest trails in Ostlers plantation near Woodhall Spa.
26/10/2002 at 00:54
I'm another Kennet and Avon Canal man, from Reading in the Newbury direction and then back, for up to 3 hours on slow runs. Alternatively, from Caversham along tow paths by the Thames, in either direction. Soft running surface, generally flat, no traffic, loads of wildlife. Lovely!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.