Feeling dizzy and faint the day after my first 20 Mile run - Training VLM

3 messages
18/03/2013 at 21:12

Hi, I am training for the VLM and felt fantastic after completing my furthest run yesterday of 20 miles. Apart from feeling sore last night all was ok. Then thismorning when I got out of bed I felt dizzy and faint. I though I would be ok after having breakfast but had this feeling all day and only now just starting to feel ok. I have been carb loading correctly, hydrating, Electrolyte drinks and gels whilst running. Lots of good recovery food and rest. Why of why do I feel like this. Is this normal? I've been totally fine in training up till now. Any ideas advice would be really appreciated.

19/03/2013 at 06:26
Sounds like what happened to me I put mine down to dehydration drink plenty of water after and rehydrate helped me feel better .
seren nos    pirate
19/03/2013 at 07:57

did you have something like a milk shake quite soon after the run to start the recovery.....

It could be a coincidence and you are going down with a bug but if not them i would look at teh hydration........

hopefully it is just a one off and you will be fine afetr next weeks run

good luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.