Firday 23rd May 2008

21 to 31 of 31 messages
23/05/2008 at 12:36
stickless well done on the mileage, I'd be happy with that and yeah, s*d the time!
23/05/2008 at 13:01
Good morning

No run day for me today.

HH - having tmes your recent posts I was going to ask if you wewre suffering from exam fever. Are you just finshing your second year?

Your session yesterday was impressive as is your 5 pace training targets. Having spent the past 2-3 weeks gettng used to runnng reps again I'm planning on starting next week on 1.5/3/5/10/20 at 85/89/93/97/7:00 which supports a 40min 10k. Over the summer I'm looking to get to 80/84/88/92/6:40 (ie 38mn 10k). I'm planning to reach that by end Sept (as a basis on which to build my winter training), but I'm optimistic that I might do slghtly better than that.

Have a good day all
IronMelissa    pirate
23/05/2008 at 13:31

Morning all,

good luck everyone this weekend. Must say a special good luck to FL - hope you nail it!

Stickless that's some great mileage: as always you're an inspiration.

What: 32 mins pool running with a pyramid
Why: I'm allowed
Last hard: being so sore from weights all week
Last rest: Monday

Pool running is very weird, but it didn't really hurt, so I shall have another crack at it today.

Good runnings all and enjoy the long weekend.

23/05/2008 at 14:08

A'noon peeps.

Off on a days holiday today.

What: 45min steady.

Why:Need to and wanted to.

Scobos: Thanks for the well done to younger son. Now all 3 kids are into athletics !

Miss B watched with me the Manchester 10k, I'd taped from Sunday and announced after it that she wants to ''do a race'. !  She jogged over to her Grampas (about 1k away ) when I took her over at lunch-time.

You were right and I was wrong re our team, re last night. But that SPL  fixture list ... (Birkmyre just shakes his head in complete and utter disgust and disbelief .)

All the best to the Edinburgh racers at the weekend.

Have a good one peeps, if you can.

23/05/2008 at 14:16
Here is my previous post again corrected for typos, spelling and syntax errors.

Good morning

No run day for me today.

HH - having timed your recent posts, I was going to ask if you were suffering from exam fever. Are you just finishing your second year?

Your session yesterday was impressive as are your 5 pace training targets. Having spent the past 2-3 weeks gettng used to runnng reps again I'm planning on starting next week on 1.5/3/5/10/20 at 85/89/93/97/7:00 which supports a 40min 10k.

Over the summer I'm looking to get to 80/84/88/92/6:40 (ie 38min 10k), which I'm planning to reach by the end Sept to provide a basis on which to build my winter training. However I'm optimistic that I might do slightly better than that.

Have a good day all
23/05/2008 at 14:46

Greetings all,

Havent ben on for a few days, and havent read back, apologies if I have missed any news. We were at a funeral yesterday for a mate who passed away last week from cancer, he was 46...... quite a hard day all round.

• what - 5.22m
  • why - Steady state run
  • Last Hard - Tues
  • Last rest - Yesterday

Take care

23/05/2008 at 16:33
hi rfj, sorry to hear that, its a tough one. Take care.
23/05/2008 at 16:53

Seems like you're having more than your fair share of hard times lately, RFJ.

Interesting to see that pace-breakdown Tom.

Didn't get out yesterday and wont get out today

What: rest
Why: busy
Last hard: monday
Last rest: yesterday

Sunday should be fun, we're 'racing' the rowing club (some member overlap including their presidente) along the Thames, 5 miles out and back.

23/05/2008 at 17:05

Afternoon

RFJ - Take care.

Imski - sounds fun,  i've been known to race anything sailable on the river be it little boats or cargo ships

What: 6 miles with some short fast bursts
Why: miles in the bank
Last Hard: Sunday

23/05/2008 at 17:27

Afternoon,

RFJ - sorry to hear thae sad news

Good luck Sunday gobi - I'm amazed you'll be recovered enough.

What: 9 mile run on canal towpath - first 5 miles steady at 6.5 - 7 m/m and last 4 at tempo pace - 5.35   5.35   5.37   5.36. Felt hard but good to get some quality back and better than I thought after the weeks of inactivity.

Blisters    pirate
23/05/2008 at 20:39

RFJ That's a big OUCH. Same age as somone who shares my birthday. I don't know why, but I was thinking exactly those thoughts during my run today. I'd have to live to 92 to be in my middle aged prime. Still, I feel as though there's a lot left to give. I only hope that there's close family to help out with shoulders and practical things.

Next run 0600 for a multi lap relay around the City Park. I'll make it my long run. It's a fund raiser for a club member's medical treatment.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.