First ever 5km

4 messages
27/08/2013 at 15:30

Hi,

First of all im training for a Duathlon in October, never done anything like this before (apart from the odd cycling sportive) so complete newbie. (5km run, 30km cycle, 5km run)

After only one weeks training I ran a 5km on the treadmill today in 18.42. 

Thoughts? Good start i think?

27/08/2013 at 15:55
Thats a brilliant time for a first effort.
It may be worth running one on a measured course on the road or at a parkrun just to double check that the treadmill is accurate.
27/08/2013 at 15:57

don't think you've got much to worry about if you can smash a sub 19 on your first effort.

Kudos sir

27/08/2013 at 16:57

there's a local parkrun each saturday so i will do that possibly next week just to see. For now i will start a proper programme. Any advice on what i should be doing?

Not a bad time thanks, but i was dying at the end, plus then i have to follow that with a 30k cycle and another 5k run....eeek

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.