First Half Marathon Done

3 messages
17/10/2012 at 10:26

Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice; I recently completed my first ever half marathon, in 2:39. Not a great time at all but I'd liek to improve my speed and wondered if anyone could give me some adivce.

I want to build up to a marathon, maybe Sep/Nov next year but at the moment i want to ask if its achieveable and realistic if I could train for a sub 2 hour half marathon?

Theres one in March which Id liek to enter for, but not sure of a few things, a) if its realistic to knock off 39+ minutes, b) how to I train for it or find a plan c) should I be concentrating on trainign for the marathon rather than the half?

Im 36, overweight by a few stone, so am hoping that would help if I shift some but would erlaly like some advice etc as Im itching to get started on a trainign schedule.

Ive seem some gereric sub 2 hour plans online but they seem unrealistic.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Darren

17/10/2012 at 10:43

How long have you been running and what do you do in a typical week?

17/10/2012 at 11:49

Ive been running for about 12 months, but only consistantly in the last 3 or 4 months, typical week is 30-40k for example 6.4 / 6.4 / 8 and a long one of 10-15k

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.