FLM Training RW PLan

3 messages
06/01/2003 at 13:19
Hi

Can someone help me, I have previously run FLM in 4:04 and done GNR in 1:47, so thought I would aim for 3:30 this year, however have just read the RW training plan and I am a bit concern. I can do the 9miles in 1:14 and the other time/distances, but not at the WHR% they recommend , I have a MHR of 190 and a RHR of 60, so 70% is 151, no way i could stick to that and a 1:14 9miler. Should I just go for the times/distances and just use the HRM as a gauge or should i lower my aim ??

06/01/2003 at 13:34
I had a look at this the other day and was fairly alarmed at the suggested times and recovery distances for the speedwork sessions - there's no way I can get close to the ones recommended for my 1/2M time.
Anyone else finding that this plan is super-optimistic??
07/01/2003 at 17:03
Another thing i have been wondering, are these plans based on flat runs. I live in North Yorkshire (Harrogate) and its very hilly !!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.