Focusing on the miles.

4 messages
28/01/2013 at 14:51

I started a 16 week marathon programme at the turn of the year to try and get a GFA time in the VLM. A harder schedule than any I had previously done.

But got caught out be the "eyes on the miles" trap and wasn't hydrating properly. Resulting in a week of feeling like crap.

Managing better now, using SIS products.

Does anyone else use these, or have any tips?

28/01/2013 at 15:14

I take water on my long run, but other than that, I run without water up to about 15 miles. When I get back I make sure I eat and drink as part of normal recovery. Just keep well hydrated inbetween runs.  In the past I have used High 5 Zero tablets (electrolyte - 0 carbs), but in this weather I don't sweat nearly as much as the warmer months.

28/01/2013 at 15:26

Yes... just be sure that you're just not overdoing it a bit, or maybe even having a minor virus of which there are many flying around.

Unless you are doing very very  long runs - or being a bit dehydrated before you even start, then I'd be a bit surprised if dehydration is really the cause of your bad week... but then again, that's based on my own physiology!

28/01/2013 at 16:15

Thanks for the advise guys, I think I just need to be a bit more sensible and look after myself a bit better.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.