Fri 6th May

61 to 75 of 75 messages
06/05/2005 at 20:25
Oh yes, I wasn't really thinking about that. It's only a number, didn't really notice...
06/05/2005 at 20:26
Top of the page to you all :)

Happy birthday Hipps.

What: 11m am and 11m pm aka run to and from work.
Why: have to bring my "big effort" forward to Friday cos I'm resting all weekend :)

Last hard: today; run to work 81.5 mins @ 135PBM, run home in 73.5 mins @ 155/160 BPM (nigh on marathon pace)
Last rest: 18 days I think

Its the weekend YAAAHOOO
06/05/2005 at 20:26
A man starts a daily training tread after an early morning training run, goes to work & guess what happens!
Somebody else just up's & starts an unofficial tread :-(

So,

What 2 x 4.5M am & pm
Why: I've forgotten now!!!

Last hard: 6 days
Last rest: 16 days

Happy Birthday Hippo

Just as well I like Scar Runner :-)
06/05/2005 at 20:27
Drat, BR's back, he got the top of the page :(
06/05/2005 at 20:44
Golly, you men are so competitive...

I started the thread, not her!
I wanted to be top of the page!

;-)
Blisters    pirate
06/05/2005 at 20:55
Only another 34 posts until we bag 100 again.....
06/05/2005 at 21:12
BR - you are a cad sir! Eloping from the big smoke without handing over your congestion charge, tsk tsk. Next you'll be selling your race numbers on e-bay {o:

Happy birthday Hipps, I am sure you will love the Garmin..the bit that tells you the number of calories burnt is interesting.

Very well done at the 5k last night URR & Paul, cracking races from the pair of you.

Good session Micksta, well done.

Didn't have time to post last night, so a brief summary from our club 8.2 mile handicap race. Mildly undulating course, the biggest problem was a strong breeze in the middle section of the race. As this was my 1st race since FLM I didn't really know what to expect, the last 3 weeks have been a diet of rest days and steady runs.

Pleasantly surprised to run my quickest time to date on this course, 53:23 which pans out at 6:30 miling. My recently acquired Nike Ekidens felt very comfortable, I will use these in the shorter races from now.

5 miles easy tonight.

Best of luck to anyone racing this weekend.
06/05/2005 at 21:13
Happy birthday Hippo

What: Speed training
Why: Need to improve times
Last Hard: FLM
Last rest: Yesterday

06/05/2005 at 21:16
Just like the GE then ;-)
06/05/2005 at 21:37
snigger snigger;-)
IronMelissa    pirate
06/05/2005 at 22:50
Hi all,

am still alive over here, although still no running. Paul M - I am in Charlottesville at the moment, but travelling around a bit. Was just in Williamsburg!

Seem to have drunkenly acquired a tattoo in the meantime!
Blisters    pirate
06/05/2005 at 23:27
Melissa ! Really - Do tell - what, where, how, why, when, and whether it's visible to all and sundry!

(What 5.3 miles steady route, breaking feet into new Nike Streaks - waiting for blister mark to subside. Good to be out.)
M.
06/05/2005 at 23:34
hello

this morning i could walk properly again for the first time since overdoing the gardening on monday!!

so at lunchtime i ran 4 miles at about 10k pace with a colleague from work (think it was more like 1/2 marathon pace for him!!!)

ooops

M.
IronMelissa    pirate
07/05/2005 at 00:13
Blisters: it's a butterfly in the small of my back, about 12 centimetres across and 10cm long. A 'sword-tailed beautymark' to be precise (blues and pink). Have to confess that wasn't totally pissed - had been thinking about it for a while, but needed two martinis and a strawberry daq for courage! It is quite beautiful, or will be when it settles down, and will be perfectly visible above my running shorts!
07/05/2005 at 23:19
Melissa my wife thinks it's so cool that you were in Williamsburg. She's all homesick now!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 75 of 75 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.