Friday 16th March 2007

21 to 40 of 83 messages
16/03/2007 at 09:55
wabo - lovely way to spend your birthday though - much better than work!

kenobi - i sense mild panic setting in

i think you fill find the massage excruciating but helpful BR. stretch lots too and downwards off the step, best wishes.
ditto to treadmill!

NRG - it's the road league race. only 5 miles but i'd like to start feeling fresh, we're getting close to the denoument with this being the 5th out of 7 in the series
16/03/2007 at 09:58
I think so clink, mind you we are off to see les mis tonight, dinner 1st, and I may make the pub tomorrow night, guinness of course)))
Ultra AJH    pirate
16/03/2007 at 10:21
Morning!

What: lovely 7.5 miles done,quite slow as I can feel last nights session but ery satisfying nonetheless.
Why: have some time before opticians and meeting.

Enjoy SA Ironman MOL. I am with IW on that one, when I visited SA I wouldnt even dip my toe in the water, just in case .

Kenobi, dont worry it is all in your mind! Enjoy Arcade fire, I am going tomorrow,yay!
16/03/2007 at 10:29
BR- I am not at your level but i did run my last marathon with each 10k faster than the last worked for me as i PB'd but i think that was in conjuction with a decent feeding strategy. I did run my first 10k a lot slower than the others, gained confidence from the knowledge that i had plenty in the legs. Good luck.
16/03/2007 at 10:48
Morning all,

Pammie: Good luck with the driving.

DD: That's some long run in those conditions!

BR: I'll finish the job in hand before I start worrying about 10k PBs. Although, I might give it a shot over the last 10k of FLM :-)
Pacing FLM is a tricky one as the first 10k is the fastest. I think you've got to go on effort rather than pace, and I think 2:45 effort is too slow for the 1st 10k if you're aiming for 6min/mile average pace. FWIW I'm aiming for 78 at half way, with the 2nd 10k slower than the first.

SiT: I'm pretty sure I couldn't put 10 together with no recovery though. Recovery was 400m jog in 1:49. I don't think a weeks lost training will have too much effect in the grand scheme of things.

WP: That sounds a sensible approach.

MOL/DD: Do you get a different medal if you've done back to back comrades? How do they know at the finish, or do you get the medal later?

clink: are you doing FLM?

What: AM: 13m PM: 5m. I must be getting old - legs felt trashed after yesterday's session. Still, miles in the bank.
Why: Medium-long run and recovery.
Last Hard: Yesterday
Last Rest: 325 days

Have a good weekend!

Dubai Dave    pirate
16/03/2007 at 11:00
AF If you do back to back Comrades you get a finishers medal AND a back to back medal, They identify you at teh finish by putting a red flash on your number and hence you get directed to a different line at the finish,
16/03/2007 at 11:04
A special back to back medal must have something to do with the alternating up and down runs, right?
(if you have a back to back medal that obviously means you finished both up and down runs)
16/03/2007 at 11:06
Morning all,
Had to cutback my training down the track slightly last night, as I still felt weak from the previous days stomach problems.

4x1k then 1x1-mile rep, supposed to have been 4x1mile but felt energy levels drop halfway through rep, so decided to take the sensible option and to back off and stop the session.

1) 3:18
2) 3:18
3) 3:17
4) 3:18
5) 5:35

What:
am: 6-miles easy steady already done, still feeling a little weak but much better than yesterday, 6:50mm pace achieved and felt very easy doing so.

pm: 8.25miles easy steady pace, depends how much energy I have left after cutting the grass! :)

Why:
Aerobic endurance.

IMSKI:
No, I will not be doing the relays this weekend, my XC season has finally finished, yippie!! :)
16/03/2007 at 11:10
Morning all,

Interesting discussions as usual; all well out of my league in terms of pace and distance ;-)

What: 1 mile w/u, 3 x 1.5 mile tempo with 3 min recovery and 1 mile w/d
Why: Schedule
Last hard: Weds
Last rest: Sat

Happy running,
16/03/2007 at 11:14

Mornink...

What: Will try for 7 miles (again) today.
Why: Behind on schedule. Hopefully, blisters won't be too sore.
Last rest: Yesterday
Last hard: Sunday
Lyrics: Nope

Have a nice afternoon folks...
16/03/2007 at 11:34
what
5 miles d and d
In 1.03
yup, sub 13 minute miling, abnd a couple of those were closer to 12

recovery continues
last rest-um------350 days
16/03/2007 at 11:39
Morning

Lovely day in Derby the sun has come back again.

What: 12.6mile medium run D&D in 1-33. Nice run along the canal, river and across fields.
Why:Felt like it, training plan said 6 but need the miles.

Last Hard: Sunday
Last Rest:4 days.
16/03/2007 at 11:48
Morning all,

DD/MOL - Just as I am getting my head around 56 hilly miles, I' now being tempted into back to back.... Noooooo!

DD - great long run, I'm only at 15/16 miles for LSD and heading to 20+ in 3-4 weeks.

What: Easy 11 miles

Why: Already done 37.5 in 3 days, so a minor wind down ready for 25 over the weekend. Will actually get me to 70+ for the week, well ahead of goal.

Last Hard: Sunday

Have a great day
16/03/2007 at 11:51
hipps, excellent!
16/03/2007 at 11:53
Morning!

Hippo - have a rest!

Wabo - Happy Birthday!

Good mileage, trinnirunner.

What: 10 miles @ 10 minutes each - d&d before work.
Why: Hollywood is in training.
Lyrics: Nope.

SUNSHINE :-)

(but snow on Monday?!)
16/03/2007 at 11:54
Talking of SA and the sea.. not wishing to dampen SA tourism, this happened to a colleague of a South African friend of mine....

http://www.surfski.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=258&Itemid=30

I will be kayaking in Durban Bay while I am in SA though!
debbo    pirate
16/03/2007 at 11:57
snow on sunday in edinburgh apparently - hope not as I want to bike on sunday. grrr.

BDP - meant to say - no, they haven't changed the glasgow half course, but if you come from the flatlands you might think the Kingston bridge or the park is 'hilly'!
IronMelissa    pirate
16/03/2007 at 11:58
Morning all,

glad you had a good run Poppy. Hope the recovery continues.

Gosh DD, I had a hard time running just in the heat yesterday - a sandstorm would finish me off!

Are there really sharks in the swim in IM South Africa? Crikey! Must say I like the sound of this Comrades idea though...

What: 3k swim; short bike later
Why: schedule
Last hard: run yesterday
Last rest: a while

Hippo are you almost at a year?!!

Good runnings all.
16/03/2007 at 12:26
clink - trying not to panic. My life has been dominated by this race for five months now, I really don't want to be sick, especially as I so rarely get ill.

When I'm a seasoned racer like so many on here it won't seem such a big deal I guess.

Anyway, feeling OK so far today.
16/03/2007 at 13:00
Afternoon all!

Pammie – best of luck with the driving. :0)

Treadmill – so is it hammies, or calf’s or too much alcohol or all 3? :0) Hope you manage to sort whichever it is.

Gobi – what is WCTT?

Mol – take no notice of what that Clinkers says, I’m sure I’d sink on that distance swim too! Best of luck for the marathon next week., which marathon is it? Sorry if you’ve said already.

Birkmyre and WP – good going. :0)

DD – sounds like ‘frying tonight’ weather to me! I cannot seem to run in the heat of our summers so that sounds like my worst nightmare. Nope I’m with IW on that one! Well done to you and to the lady from the UK – phewee!

Clink – are you racing this weekend then? Oh I see you have answered this! Best of luck, and yes I have been on the stairs today!

NrG-B – was the massage a pleasant experience then? :0)

Wabo – happy birthday for tomorrow! Serious celebrating to do, especially after a 19 mile run!

Hipps –well done on the running and the driving! :0)

Kenobi – think calm thoughts. Best of luck.

What: 2.42 miles – WOOHOO!
Why: return to running
Last Hard: Last nights bike
Last Rest: Saturday

Well I adored that run. What fantastic weather! And actually not too hot! Did stretch out a tad, couldn’t help it. But all feels great. :0))) I am SOOO tempted to run home, but I know this is not the – err – ‘’sensible’’ option = GRRRR!

**Calling all Tri and Iron peeps**

Just WHAT has happened to my thighs please???? They have grown into tree trunks!! This is not nice, they bulge <horror>. Now then when you all convinced me to attempt such things ‘’no-one’’mentioned ‘’Thunder Thigh Syndrome’’ No they did not! HARUMPH!

Toodle pips

21 to 40 of 83 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.