20 messages
17/12/2010 at 05:22
What: fitness test AM
Cycle or swim PM
Why: Crunchie
Last hard: Thursday
Last rest: whatever
Lyrics: YES

So after a flurry of snow and phone calls my hill session went ahead as normal. I ran far too hard ahead of this mornings test.

Whoops
17/12/2010 at 06:54

Bad Gobi!  *gives hard stare*

What:  Supermarket
Why:  Gotta keep the kids fed
Last hard:  14.12
Last rest:  This is it

Lyrics:  I shall give up and go away again

17/12/2010 at 07:07

Morning.

What's the fitness test for Gobi?

Wabo - glad your run picked you up.

When do you find out about the super six thing Bridget?

What:              maybe a very easy run?
Why:                think I may be up to it if I take it easy, will see after I've been to the dentist.
Last hard:       not doing anything this week has been very hard.
Last rest:        all week.

Lyrics - no.

17/12/2010 at 07:16

morning all

ice and a light covering of snow here  - it looks like someone has sprinkled icing sugar over the pavements

A bit slippery in places but by and large it was possible to avoid the black ice and stick to the crisp white stuff.  I did get some odd looks from commuters though.

I'm in a right dither about whether to attempt to get to Bournemouth tomorrow.  Forecasts have bad snow coming in from the west so I will have to drive right into it.  And I've never run a marathon in a blizzard before

What: 4 miles slooowly on the ice
Why: not running is not an option
Last hard: saturday
Last rest: 6 April

Have a good day

17/12/2010 at 09:38

Morning all. Rest day Friday here. I must admit sometimes to rest is hard but its one of my principles that seems to be working regarding ovrall progress.

Tipp - sorry about the bit of shitty news. As someone says above - do what you enjoy when you can!!.

Cold here but i'm hoping we will escape the worst of the snow here in our little corner!!.

Good luck!!!!!! 

17/12/2010 at 09:57
LMUH - I have no idea!  It had better be today though 'cos I couldn't cope with a whole weekend in suspenders
17/12/2010 at 10:16

Morning all,

What: 240 m pool, alternating front crawl and backstroke

Why: I still can't run but am trying to get back into exercise slowly

Last rest: Yesterday

Last hard: All this rest

Lyrics: No idea

Mava:  Good luck in the marathon if you make it

Good luck to any other racers this weekend, though looking at the forecast, I wonder how many will actually happen!

Have a good day all

17/12/2010 at 11:31

Don't think I'll read back since I last posted!

What:  5m easy

Why:  I've been overdoing it.

Last rest:  Sunday

Last hard:  A while ago.

Hope the weather isn't interrupting training too much.

17/12/2010 at 12:10

Nice to have you back Moraghan.

And talking of being back - 7 miles easy in the cold but gloriously sunny weather. Bliss.

17/12/2010 at 13:40

A'noon peeps

Yesterdays lyrics: 'I want it all' by Queen.

What : Nothing.

Why; Got a sickness bug. 'No well, no well !'

Moraghan: Good to have you back posting mate.

17/12/2010 at 14:27
..Yes Moraghan, i'm lately back too - thats 'Mr Roadrunner' to you Lyrics - I'll get them eventually..i'm warm.Rest today - Tomorrow - 7.5 mile 'South of the Thames senior' xc tomorrow on a hill in Coulsdon, Sth London. This could be very interesting, given the weather...bit of a blizzard here in that London earlier - sunny now..Have a good weekend all..Edit - Lyrics, yes, I think....(yes - confirmed on google..)
17/12/2010 at 14:32

Hi all -

Good to see you Moraghan - doing any cross country?

Birkmyre -  get well soon ...

LMUH - glad you are feeling better

What -  75 min easy

Why - aerobic fitness

Lyrics -  - no as per usual .......

17/12/2010 at 14:36
LMH - I am helping with a study on Asthma. I don't have it but am being used as a rather healthy control athlete.
17/12/2010 at 15:03
Hi all,

LMUH, glad you're getting better and getting back into it.

Wabo, sounds like your run yesterday was just what you needed.

Birkmyre, hope you're feeling better soon.

What: 6 miles in nice fresh snow

Why: Because that's what I want to do.

I generally run when the kids are at school, they finish today and Mr CB is away until 23rd so I'm in for an enforced few days off after today. I will enjoy every step

Lyrics: Not a clue once again
17/12/2010 at 16:46

Gobi - as an asthmatic I thank you.

Oh dear birkmyre - hope it's just a 24hr thing.

CB - I certainly did today having been denied for a whole five days!

17/12/2010 at 18:45

Evening. Have to read back later as the husband is starving.

What: 1 mile easy, 2 miles tempo pace (9:00-9:15), 1 mile easy

Why: schedule says so, though it was was supposed to be 2-2-2 but, given the cold and snow, I figured 1-2-1 was just as good!

Last rest: yesterday

Last hard: tonight.

Brrrr it's freaking freezing!! Later!

17/12/2010 at 19:04

Greetings all,

My job is safe... and will continue as normal

Ran yesterday, but having a rest day today

Take care

17/12/2010 at 19:26

Evening.

15 miles in the biting cold, well it felt like it. My hands and feet were numb. Running with pins and needles in your toes is most strange.

Ran oop north again and it started to snow. came back down south for some respite but it snowed here too, knocking out my power and phone line so I lit a fire in the bedroom and curled up with the cats.

LMUH - glad that you are feeling better.
RFJ - good news then.
B - hope you feel better tomorrow.

17/12/2010 at 20:22

Good news RFJ.

BMM - I am so liking the sound of 'lighting a fire in the bedroom' hope you're not too inconvenienced by the weather.

17/12/2010 at 20:34

evening all.

great news RFJ, specially just before christmas.

Hope you feel better soon Birkmyre. The girl who works for me has it.

my marathon is looking unlikely judging by the weather forecast, although I've still put together the stuff I'll need.  Gutted I'll be to miss it.  Plus I ate rather a lot of christmas type goodies today at work.

Of course, tomorrow I may feel different as I seem to have started sneezing and dripping from the nose 

Bromley Parkrun isn't completely out of the question tomorrow if I can dig the car out and leave early enough. Getting over the North Downs might be tricky though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.