Friday 10th June

21 to 24 of 24 messages
10/06/2011 at 18:51

Paddy: Many years ago I volunteered to run a half marathon distance for charity in work (in the Great Harbour, perch). donshaw will know where I mean. I only counted the 'up' 800m of the loop !

Of  course I had to run the 800m down loop 27 laps of it . I decide that 27 x 800m gave me the half marathon distance.

It took me about 5 laps to work it out...

The next day I had to walk backwards down the steps from our 3rd floor flat.

MadameO Well done on pb

donshaw: All the best with your weekend racing.

10/06/2011 at 20:55

Not been on here for years!!! Good to still see a few familiar names around.

But, just in passing...Tom, yip got the lyrics!!! You're maybe not too surprised.

Ta-ra for now.

10/06/2011 at 21:38
Hi Scobos - still winning races up in Scotland?

Madame O - well deserved PB - nice to see that mile with the 5 in front of it! You're doing it girl!! Lots more to come.

LMUH - you must go for the GFA entry - never take anything forgranted - we never know what might be around the corner, life sometimes gets in the way, no time like the present. Always good to look back with no regrets.

Pammie - good to see you back on the bike too, your confidence is returning.

What: 3 miles easy with Mae - raining but not cold.

Good running everyone.

10/06/2011 at 22:34
Scobos et al: Watched a quirky Scottish movie on DVD tonight "Restless Natives", very much in the same mould as the two Bill Forsythe classicss "Gregory's Girl" and "Comfort and Joy". What it does have however is a superb soundtrack by Stuart Adamson and Big Country..

The lyrics were "Dance Called America" by Runrig.

Next time round I'll see if I can dig up something by The Saw Doctors or Goats Don't Shave for Paddy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.