Friday 12 December

61 to 69 of 69 messages
12/12/2003 at 20:44
what - 4.75 miles in 31.43 - Matlock - Cromford
why - rested yesterday
next hard - Sunday's race

No idea what sort of time to go for - worked out I did about 6.40s tonight and couldn't have kept it up for 13 miles - so maybe my plan of starting out at 7s isn't as conservative as I thought.

Keyworth is an exposed course - from memory I think you are probably running East/south on the most exposed bits - but that could be rubbish.
12/12/2003 at 20:45
Stickless,
Glad you had fun today.

We'll get some of ech (headwind, crosswind, tailwind) on Sunday as it's a loop course ;-)
12/12/2003 at 20:47
obviously "ech" should read "each".

Popsider, looking forward to seeing you, BR, Treadmill + Mark on Sunday
12/12/2003 at 21:51
MM, Popsider, Alison, BR and Treadmill, good luck at Keyworth on Sunday and may the winds mellow for you. As BR will testify, it surely cannot be as bad as having to run the 2nd half of a 20 mile race straight into a force 6 as we did at Hull in 2002. May the force be with you all.

5 miles easy tonight, last hard yesterday. The one rest day of the week tomorrow then 19 miles on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone.
12/12/2003 at 21:54
Evening all.

No time to read, trust you all had good Fridays.

Nothing today. Brief motivational crisis over, normal service to be resumed tomorrow.

Sleep well.
12/12/2003 at 21:59
Almost missed Mark Jenkins out for Sunday best wishes, good luck to you as well.
12/12/2003 at 22:03
Wardi, wonder if there'll be some bricks hurled 3 miles from the finish to speed us on our way like E. Hull?
12/12/2003 at 22:13
Sounds a nice place to run BR!

Good luck all racing this weekend!

Big Tim-hope you get better soon! It's the first time since I've been coming on here that I've known you to be off running due to illness. Take it easy!
12/12/2003 at 22:26
evening all

did more than I planned - 4.15 miles, v easy, in 30:27. Conditions about as nice as you could get for mid-December - had turned mild, light breeze, and a sharp but not unpleasant shower late on.

Re Keyworth - if what Popsider says is true, you may be in luck. My understanding is the wind will turn into the N or NW, so should be behind you on the most exposed bits.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 69 of 69 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.