Friday 15th january

21 to 28 of 28 messages
15/01/2010 at 16:49

dont know the lyrics but I have t o say surely only Ian Drury....

mava I had complete opposite run to you last night, I went gym and was looking at people plodding on the treadmill,thought, stuff that so I donned hat and hi vis jackety and headed out onto the road, gramin died didn't it!! So before it conked right out I though do a loop measure it then do however many you need for 4 miles.  1st loop took 8.5 - 9 mins, not too sure, I guessed it was .8 mile (signal rubbish too) so I did 5 and added a bit.  I measured it on fetch today and it was .97 a loop!! So what I hoped was 4 was actually 5 and I had no concept of that because I suppose I was getting giddy going round in circles!! Ha ha well made me laugh....

what: 5 easy later

why: schedule to be done

last hard: dodging ice and running in the road last night 

last easy: wed

take it easy and have lovely weekends all

15/01/2010 at 16:58
Back again;

Todays the first time ever I've googled for the lyrics as I was so intrigued by the affection the artist engendered that just had to know! Brilliant lyrics.
SGQ
15/01/2010 at 17:11

Evening,

Not been on here for what feels like ages!  Glad everyone seems to have survived the snow & freezing conditions.  My gas boiler started making funny noises a few days ago and it turned out that the main house drainpipe that the boiler drain pipe feeds into was frozen - water was backing up into the boiler, but I caught it just in time!  Sorting that out made me run up and down stairs faster than I've run anywhere else for a long time!

What: 5.5M tempo
Why: not been out for a couple of days
Last hard: today
Last rest: yesterday

Today's run was basically 2 fairly well used B roads (clear and fine to run on) linked by a single-track country lane.  The latter was rather like running through a Slush Puppie!

15/01/2010 at 17:22

Afternoon all,

AF good to see you.  I was beginning to fret about your absence.

DD glad to see you are feeling better.  Now don't go and spoil things.

Both of you (and others that I don't have e-mail addresses for), if you want to come along to Run for Phil, the information sheet and entry form is now available at the sailing club website

http://www.cam.net.uk/~aaa049/

Run for Phil info is in a pretty green box on the right hand side, right in the middle of things, as it should be.

Me?  Should have been a run day, but was feeling rough, so didn't. 

Before any of you wag fingers at me, yes, appointment is made to see the massage artiste on Monday. Legs quaking in advance.  No word yet re VLM, but decision should be imminent.

15/01/2010 at 18:04

I either have completely different taste of music from you all or don't listen to lyrics in songs as I rarely get them.  I will have my revenge if I ever get out of bed early enough.

Stickless - I'll be in the usa that weekend unfortunately.

Tom - I always think training is at the right level when you look forward to your days off but on your day off you can't wait to get stuck in the next day.

What:  a.m. 3m easy; p.m. 11.5m w / drill, strides and 5 * 1200m @ 5k pace with 400 jog rec.

Why:  VO2 max phase.  Legs have no zip in them but the aerobic engine is fairly strong for me which is okay for January.

15/01/2010 at 18:46

evening

I googled the lyrics and I'm still none the wiser.

sharkie - are you moving from London?  Good to see you.

Add around 4 miles walking to my total today.  Had to go to a meeting somewhere.  Colleagues drove back to the office and I walked.  I got there before they did. 

15/01/2010 at 19:15
15/01/2010 at 23:59

evening - quick post

Wed: blank
Thu: blank, too much ice/snow in semi-thawed state

today: 5 miles, 4 x 1 in a bit faster than intended Sunday race pace , 1/3rd mile jog recoveries
why: Just 1 outing since Sunday & it seems legs, lungs have forgotten what 6:30-odd pace feels like. Also, breaking in new pair of Saucony Fastwitches

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.