What: RNLI cox's retirement buffet dance
Why: 30y service
Last rest: today
LAst hard: Monday
Lyrics: no

straycelt and LMH Go...

16/11/2012 at 17:29

Hi Gobi

Pammie, hope your bike can be fixed! Those Steffny books aren't particularly good. I wouldn't waste time on them. Somehow English language running books are much better (like P&D and Daniels). If I followed one of them Germany training plans I'd be nowhere near where I'm now. Not enough mileage, not enough specifics.

Tom. wrote (see)
Straycelt - well done on the Movember. Back in the 70's (Oh God, he's on about the decade that fashion forgot...again!) I had the full Dave Bedford set of 'tash, 'boards and frizzed (natural..honest) hair.....and of course minimalist running shoes (addidas SL72s)......was I cool, or what?

aaaargh! So you looked like them 118118 dudes ??

Well, I ended up with an easy run last night as the fog had returned but got a 10k pace pyramid in this morning. Jeez, but I really really can't do fast at the mo

Enjoy the weekend!

Edited: 16/11/2012 at 17:29
16/11/2012 at 17:48
Chick - 118 118 aaargh indeed!

LMH - on balance it wasn't a good idea to do hard efforts last night. It's a matter of weighing up the benefits of being well regarded by your club mates as being an uncompromising trainer and hobbling (unseen by them) across the bedroom this morning. i'm supposed to be doing 16M tomorrow with the club, but that may depend on how well I hobble across the bedroom at 6.00am tomorrow
16/11/2012 at 17:57

Don't do it Tom!

Enjoy OH. Hope you don't get too bad a case of ear ache

Chickadeee - I just don't do fast. Full Stop. Hence racing a little more really.

It's a very civilised start tomorrow - 1100hrs - so I should be around beforehand but thank you for the good wishes.

16/11/2012 at 18:21

Evening

LMH/Straycelt good luck tomorrow

Chickadee yep have them books too.

Phone call from bike shop bike is ready to go will pick him up tomorrow morning

16/11/2012 at 18:43

Tom - I feel your pain! It feels so good to be able to hang in there even for a short while. Maybe you better do your long run easy tomorrow, and be ready for more fun on the shorter run next week.

What: No run from me, but walk to the park with gdaughter and Mae,

Why: I have had my 3yr old gdaughter all week, during the day, as my daughter and 13 year old gdaughter have been on school camp. Very difficult to explain to a 3 year old where Mummy is. It must have felt like "tomorrow" would never come! 

So, very little running from me this week.

16/11/2012 at 20:13

Evening

LMH and stray : Aw ra best.

Gobi: Nice to hear from you mate.

Tom: 118 indeed.

Blisters    pirate
16/11/2012 at 22:43

Lyrics seemed familiar, but a Google was needed.

A grey day here. Managed a 5 mile run on arrival home. Better than nothing.
I'm leading out the Group 2 cyclists tomorrow, and it's going to persist it down all morning. I may elect to go for a plan B involving a coffee and cake stop.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.