Friday 19th October 2012

21 to 24 of 24 messages
19/10/2012 at 20:30
Evening! Hospital bed swapped for son's (fortunately he is working away!). Struggling to use the sticks...only did the tiniest bit of walking and climbing with the hospital Phys and that was too much. Consultant pleased so far, though.

Stickless: hope you are able to get out there and do something!

Racers: go well and report well too!

Yesterday read Born to Run about the Tarahumara indians: inspiring! I know Birks enjoyed it and it is definitely on my list of running books to recommend.
19/10/2012 at 20:39

Alehouse - if you haven't already then it's a good idea to customise your crutches by getting a roll of cotton wool and a large roll of micropore tape. Wrap the cotton wool thickly round the handles and compress and secure with copious amounts of micropore tape - makes things much more comfortable, as do cycling gloves. Is your pain better now?

Ah, the dreaded Fresher's Flu Stickless. Hope you're much improved by Sunday.

19/10/2012 at 20:47
Thanks for the tip LMH. Having had a fairly pain free day after the first couple of hours (tramadol seems to suit) things are not good this evening. Pain is temporary, pride is permanent!
Blisters    pirate
19/10/2012 at 22:03

Ale I was told that a cut will take 10 days to heal, and if the two halves haven't joined up in that time, they won't. So tick the days off slowly and do some jigsaws. Read Shades of grey, or whatever it's called. Play Nintendo. Do anything except compromise the wound. I did notice that you read a whole book yesterday, Good Man.

Finally, at the tail of the day, I managed to get a bike ride. Interesting, as I'd just taken my proper bike for a service. Therefore I was on my old machine. It's SO MUCH more comfortable. However, descending a monster hill at breakneck speed it decided to start a harmonic steering wobble. (40mph?) Obviously I'm alive. Thankfully I got it controlled. The more I think about it, the more I realise that this old bike always was prone to it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.