Friday 22nd March 2013

21 to 27 of 27 messages
22/03/2013 at 18:03

Paddy that's what I got my OH to do and it definitely works!

22/03/2013 at 18:17

Aberdeen boat deferred until tomorrow.

Now taking shorter crossing to Scrabster and long drive down through the snow

Oh the joys

Blisters    pirate
22/03/2013 at 18:22

Lyrics? er no. It's that youf setting them again.

Excitedly I had today cancelled. Shame it wasn't a baking hot, flag cracking day though. Managed to get to do those pre-holiday shopping things completed. The ring is in for repair, and the quote was only £35, phew. Why was I nervous about telling the Mrs? Because the ring is a symbol that represents our marriage. A reminder that ties us back to our wedding day. A tell tale to others. More bold than a tattoo, people see it and know what it means without asking. She bought it for me, and therefore I am wearing it on loan. It cannot be replaced, as any replacement would not be the wedding ring.

No snow here, just the worst kind of winter weather. Blustering winds, not quite zero, but hypothermic rain instead. I swam. 80 lengths, with another mile pb (40:13).

I don't fancy either a run or a bike tomorrow, but long one of either is a necessity.

22/03/2013 at 18:43

Blisters - nice development on the swimming.

Chick - get them to drop you off 10 miles out & then collect you a few hours later 10 miles in the opposite direction (oh & bring money for petrol!!)

22/03/2013 at 18:57

Sorry to hear you've had to change your holiday plans OH.

I guess as Mark lost his so early I hadn't had as much time to invest the significance in it Blister's. Mark's ring was a gift to him though - so no loan. Glad you have the situation under control. Off somewhere warm? Another mile swim PB? It's all coming together very nicely. Must say I'm not looking forward to my LSR this weekend either. Have the option to defer until Monday but that isn't looking much better at the moment.

Blisters    pirate
22/03/2013 at 19:31

We are going to something warmer. Even the sea temperature is more than 22 degrees, which will be good, as I want to spend 3 days scuba diving. There has been some discussion about luggage though. My latest wetsuit is 5mm all over, and not as light as my swimming wettie. Running, Gym, and swimming is most definitely planned. That's what I call a proper rest.

22/03/2013 at 20:53

Illness and life LMH.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.