23/05/2003 at 00:07
Me too
Monique    pirate
23/05/2003 at 00:09
funny if everyone posted same thing.
23/05/2003 at 00:13
oh b*ll*cks - took too long typing my own thread starter
23/05/2003 at 06:30
I've got a thread starter in my head Mike but I'm not staying up late to post it!
I like my sleep.

What: am rest, pm 8M steady.

Why: I need an easy day, but I plan to train hard over the bank holiday.

Last rest: Sat
Last hard: Yesterday.
23/05/2003 at 06:54
nothing
lazy hippo
23/05/2003 at 06:57
what: rest
why: rode a set 10m course on my bike last night and was 3 minutes over what I can do it in so legs must be tired, want to do a long run tomorrow too.

Are birds nesting at the moment because I was thinking of cutting down some bushes and conifers today?
23/05/2003 at 07:57
What:- 14 miles, steady

Why: - 'cos its start of half term and probably won't get much chance to get out next week!

Longest run since FLM, though have done a half mara 3 weeks ago so should be OK

Last rest - yesterday

Last hard - Mondays' 10k race

Have good weekend all
23/05/2003 at 08:44
morning.

also nowt. maybe a swim later.

enjoy.
OB
23/05/2003 at 09:09
what: nothing
why: 6.5 yesterday and 10 tomorrow

popsider - yes they are nesting so leave bushes/hedges 'til later.
23/05/2003 at 09:13
What: A brisk walk. With my running shoes on.
Why: Time I did something, and the motivation is creeping back. I am SO glad to see it.
Last rest: All bloomin' week.
Last hard day: Saturday's dynamic resistance training with backpack.
Next rest: Most of next week, while staying with family, unless I can persuade some of them to climb a hill or two with me.
23/05/2003 at 09:26
Hi all,

What: Zilch.
Why: 1) It's Friday and I'm out for a few beers, and 2) I'm running less this week in preparation for race on Monday.
Last hard: Yesterday - was supposed to be a steady/easy run but it felt HARD!
Last rest: Wednesday.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone!
23/05/2003 at 09:26
Morning everyone. 30 minutes cycle drills followed by 60 minutes swimming drills.
KR
23/05/2003 at 09:34
Morning everyone

What: spinning class and swim
Why: had planned easy day just swimming but friend convinced me to go spinning too!
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Sat
23/05/2003 at 09:36
morning folks

didn't get to post yesterday so belated "well dones" to drew, BR & MM. Hope leg mends soon laura and kids finally go to sleep snicks!. Enjoyed my hilly 10k on weds eve. A real "Grand old duke of York" course -
he had 200 runners
he ran them up to the top of the hill
he ran them round and round
and he ran them down again

Hill = ca 600foot climb over a mile, judging by the outcome for some of my faster colleagues it adds about 4 min -4min30 to the flat 10k time. I went well at the start, and up the hill struggled in the mist at the top, ran Ok down (this was what i really wanted to practice) but oh dear. the last mile run in was like treacle and got caught by 4. Such a chnage from Sunday, but I'd had no rest days so I reckon it just caught up with me :-(

What :rest on Thursday and today should be 8x800 15kph treadmill intervals but I'll shorten recovery to 300m jog
Why : speed and LA tolerance
last hard day : weds
last rest : thurs

Enjoy w/end racing folks, and easy on the cakes.
23/05/2003 at 09:45
What: pool exercises, to stink crowded to attempt to swim. (Realized my state of temper wouldn't permit me to swim graciously nose to tail amongst the varied company I would be keeping.)

With luck my running partner will be around for a run this evening, thinking 4-6m along the river.

Leaning towards the Abingdon marathon: at least I have easy accomodation there, and one ought to at least attempt a marathon once in a lifetime. Pretty stupid idea in other ways, as my l. foot still turns into a flipper after two hours or so, and no, I won't have finished by then.

The other possibility is to try and find a long-distance trail run.
23/05/2003 at 09:45
Morning One and all

What : nothing till Monday (10k)- tweaked my ankle running on a trail last night and still coughing like a 60-a-day man. Still as I like my work colleagues so much I thought I'd bring my illness in to work for all to share! :-)

Have a good weekend everyone!
23/05/2003 at 10:15
Morning.

Racing tonight. Four-race series over the bank hols (Tour of the Derwent Valley - hilly 5-milers type thing - aiming to do 3, might do the set, might do 1!). Travelling up this afternoon. Hooray! So no training updates til Monday night - can you bear to wait? ;-)

Have a great weekend, everyone, and don't be at home to Mr Injury.
23/05/2003 at 10:16
Still Ill some nothing again today!!

That's no training now since Monday!!!

Getting withdrawl symptons!!
23/05/2003 at 10:26
Morning everyone,

What: am - 4 miles recovery run, pm - 8 miles or speed session, not sure what yet as it depends on my legs which currently feel totally ****ed

Why: day 3 of 6 day crash training programme

This programme involves consecutive and intensive hard days followed by an equal amount of recovery days. Find out if it works during Sheffield 1/2 on 1st June.

Last hard day: yesterday's 15 miles which included 3 x 2k at 5k pace

Last rest: Tuesday
1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.