Friday 25th May 2006

21 to 40 of 69 messages
25/05/2007 at 09:22
NR
Yes, I once kept up with hilly in a race. Lucky break that BR tempted her up North once she got quick. I wouldn't fancy trying to keep up now!
25/05/2007 at 09:27
Morning

BR, Pammie - I can confirm that the haircut has made me faster. Since it is a number 1 all over it also means it doesn't catch flies.

Holly - still waiting for the wettie. Sorely tempted to get out in an old surfing shortie but I think it is stilll too cold.

Wabo - fantastic report. Well done for finishing. Next year for the full.
25/05/2007 at 09:28
Training -

Coached swim. Maybe a cycle or run - depends on Podro minor who is sat in my office off school (again).
25/05/2007 at 09:30
thanks podro, not next year though, probably 2009!
25/05/2007 at 09:31
wabo - ouch. I know that feeling of desperation when you can't run any more, but you've still got miles left.

And I also know how there always seems to be that little bit extra you can squeeze out at the end!

Well done for keeping going, and I hope the problems are very tenporary.
IronMelissa    pirate
25/05/2007 at 09:38
Wabo, ouch, I felt every step reading that - hope there is no lasting damage. What's next on your race list?
25/05/2007 at 09:50
Matt

good luck hope it goes well
flyaway    pirate
25/05/2007 at 10:00
It's Friday!

Wabo, that sounded awful, how is your leg now? Well done for finishing through all that pain and frustration though.

Scooby: Well, I was thinking about the Baby or possibly, possibly the Middle Woody, but my problems are
1. wetsuit
2. bike
3. I would like to do Leicester marathon (Oct 14) so tri training might have to take a backseat for a while...
At the moment I'm borrowing a bike but wont have it by Sept....we might be able to buy one but not sure it would be in time for Sept 1st.
There's one in Stratford on Sept 30 which is 400m/23k/5k

Dunno though. I could be persuaded either way.

What: 5 mile slow d&d. Possibly swim, but maybe not.
Why: tired
Last hard: Tues
Last rest: Wed

Lyrics: sounds familiar, but i might be way off.
25/05/2007 at 10:02
Morning all,

MtB: hope the test run goes okay

Wabo: Ouch! Some serious teeth-gritting there.

What: nothing
Why: (hopefully) a short stint on the B***h
Ultra AJH    pirate
25/05/2007 at 10:16
Hello.

Not been on this week due to being a bit busy at work, so apologies for things I have missed.

Good luck today Pammie, and Clink I think?

Enjoy the taper DD.

Good luck to Peter in 100k.

Wabo, hope you recover well, havent had a chance to read all your reports but sounds gutsy.

Congrats to Speedy.

SVT, get those goggles, you know you want to!

I have to say I am somewhat tempted by the little woody, partly because the training means I cant put in loads of running miles which can (and usually do) leave me injured.

What: been doing small runs this week due a) to work and b) niggly groin which I want to be right for Monday. So will go swimming in a bit and try to concentrate on technique.
Why: MRC stat day so I can do what I want :-)
Ultra AJH    pirate
25/05/2007 at 10:20
Oh yes, and be careful on your bikes folks. My nephew has just been clipped by a car and broken his collarbone in such a way that he needs an operation to put it back together. Poor lad has just started his GCSEs, so not the happiest, but at least he will be ok.
25/05/2007 at 10:31
Morning..just surfaced..not after a night shift ,but had to get up @4 this morning, my son is off to Holland on a football tour and the coach was leaving @4.45...after 3 night shifts I really could have done without that so climbed back into bed,

Out with our Marathon group including 200 tonight for a meal.

Wardi that video is hilarious..I am ashamed to say it took a few seconds before I realised it wasnt a real bear and thought the bloke was a lunatic !!! DOH !

DD that is some training run and phew that heat..and yes you have true mates there !! BTW you said to me at the social you were TAPERING ...call THAT a taper..enjoy the rest of your so called taper ..you deserve it ..

NR enjoy your run with Hilly and BR..you must be damn good to have competed with Hilly and from the times you post I would think you will keep up ok...you are in for a great run I would say.

Wabo...wow that sounds really painfull, good for you for carrying on in such terrible pain AND conditions..a real achievement ,out of curiosity what was the winning time for the marathon ?

What : 5-6 easy
Why : racing sunday
Last rest ; yesterday
Last Hard : Wednesday

And Scoobs...yes fingers crossed for a bit of rain and cool conditions.....just hold the head winds !!!
25/05/2007 at 10:43
Morning peeps.

Some more good racing going on, so well done to all those involved.

Can't remember exactly who though. Sorry ! brain a bit fuddled this morning.

Just done a presentation !

Wabo: Been to Cape Wrath a few years ago, got relatives up in Caithness. Lovely scenery, bit windy usually.
Well done on the marathon.

All the best to Pammie, Clink, Peter.

What: 45 mins steady this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Even noticed a fox being attacked by a big crow !

Have a good one peeps, if you can.
25/05/2007 at 11:05
nn marathon was won in 2.56
my half took me 2.37 btw!! second slowest ever!

I went to see the fizz yesterday and he said rest, left glute is very tight but I think I could be running soon... the rest of the leg is getting easier every day. I have another session tomorrow and will ask what he thinks about me doing hatfield broad oak on monday. So maybe I run Monday..
Hope nephew is ok ajh, sounds awful
25/05/2007 at 11:09
Take it easy Wabo...you have done alot lately..you are one tough cookie !! I will think of you while running Plymouth half on Sunday...how can I possibly moan about a bit of rain ???
25/05/2007 at 11:12
Greetings all,

Very well battled Wabo, well done.

another visit to the gym....

15m on the rower (3300m)
24m on the bike (9300m)

Missing the outside....... running, oh well Will make up for that camping this weekend.... forcast is rain followed by a bit more rain.......

Have a great long weekend all

Take care
Ultra AJH    pirate
25/05/2007 at 11:15
Good luck with the camping weather RFJ. I am praying every day for sunshine in the Isle of Wight in 2 weeks!
25/05/2007 at 11:45
Morning all,
Track session last night was 6x400m at 800m race pace off 5min recoveries.

I struggled to keep with the younger runners and middle distance guys & gals but quiet pleased that I managed to get all my efforts under 70s!

1) 69s
2) 69s
3) 69s - watch strap broke!
4) 68s
5) 68s
6) 68s

What:
am: 3-miles easy already done at 7:30mm pace, a little achey in the legs, but fine otherwise.

pm: 6-miles steady paced run

Why:
Aerobic endurance

25/05/2007 at 12:05
Well done Wabo, speedy recovery to your nephew AJH and glad he daughetr had a better night Happiness.
RFJ enjoy the camping, my two fancy a weekend in the New Forest, might delay that until the summer!

In case I don't post again before the weekend, good luck to those racing!

For me ?
Well just an easy 5 miles (at most) along the Thames.
Why : beer and curry tonight and LSD tomorrow morning.

:D
25/05/2007 at 12:16
NN
Are you having another sober evening? "Social" offer still open, although you would need to vacate before Monday...
21 to 40 of 69 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.