Friday 26th October 2012

21 to 29 of 29 messages
26/10/2012 at 17:51

Afternoon

What :easy 6

Why : Think I over did the squats yesterday (doms in places I didnt know I had  )

Last hard : officailly 21st but beginnning to think yesterday

Last rest : 20th

Lyrics : yes ....love that one

Nice one DD good time for an old man ( I am allowed to say that as I reached that catagory this year  )if ever I am a little dispointed with my time (not that you should be ) I too look to see how close I was to any rivals to get a btter idea and sometines its a confidence boost and know you must be used that heat but give me this chilly Devon air we are having today anytime

Ale that journey couldnt have done you any favours feeling like you do already !! just make sure you do as you are told.

26/10/2012 at 17:53

Oh and good luck Wabo and RW and anyone else racing this weekend

26/10/2012 at 19:14

Alehouse - it's just not fair, you really have had your share of bad luck lately, and have to travel so far to get treatment. Really hope the medication does the trick, you heal quickly and you are ready to go.

Still don't feel great, still don't know what to do. I don't want a dnf, but I would like to finish another Auckland marathon so I can be a Roadster. I'm not worried about time, I just don't want to make myself feel any worse.

Don't even feel like going for a little jog, just to see how I feel - how bad is that!

26/10/2012 at 19:34

Evening

Glad a few of you have got todays lyrics: I just really like this tune/song.

26/10/2012 at 19:44
Good to see you NZC! Hope you toe the line and get round: after all if your untrained son can...!
NN: annoyingly I have been following the advice pretty well to the letter, although I don't think anyone was expecting an infection this bad! Aim to stay in bed until Monday, pretty well, and avoid going down the stairs as far as possible. Your training seems to have gone pretty well this week, squats apart!
Good luck to the weekend racers: 7D, which parkrun and which XC? Enjoy Preston, RW and your XC Wabo!
26/10/2012 at 20:14

Alehouse: Bramhall parkrun, if I get up early enough, and the XC is NW Sunday League, all over Merseyside way. Sunday is at Clarks Gardens in Liverpool, next week more or less at home at Beacon Park in Skelmersdale...

26/10/2012 at 20:21
7D: from what I remember of Clarks Gardens it was a muddy undulating multi lap course! Not done Bramhall but watched it and that too is undulating. Enjoy! Watch the wooden bridge: gets very slippery when it's icy.
Edited: 26/10/2012 at 20:25
26/10/2012 at 21:09

I felt much better for an hour on the turbo this morning. Looking forward to a little run by the sea tomorrow afternoon if I'm not too tired and relying on the move south to help alleviate the drop in temperature!

Alehouse - hope the new drugs sort it.

NZC - are you still on the antibiotics? How is your RHR? Much as want the Roadster don't risk it if you fear for your longer term health.

Dustin - you are so good in giving time to coach the youngsters, it's great that you get so much enjoyment from it too.

Hope the weekend's racers have good ones. 

26/10/2012 at 22:41

Alehouse - you deserve a big break after this of good fortune and blessings and I hope you get it.

Lyrics - yes

What - 6m
Why - Steady run at work
Last Hard - Monday
Last rest - Yesterday

Club AGM last night and some severe resutructuring all within the constitution, but at last the chairman has been able to get his teeth in to it after a year in the job. I was hoping to relinquish some of my tasks... but came away with more.... dont all laugh at once but I will now be the PR guy for the club (basicaly the press reports for the local rag etc..... - but when covering 275 athlets this could get tricky esp with names etc....) this along with taking on a sub committee that I dont know which one yet and my usual duties of team manager for the road runners, all good fun...

Take care

Edited: 26/10/2012 at 22:45

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.