Friday 27th May

21 to 34 of 34 messages
27/05/2011 at 16:04
LMUH: enjoy the rest of your holiday. Sorry about the asthma attack. It can really bugger up your life
27/05/2011 at 16:12

Afternoon,

Hope you're feeling better today NZC. I'm impressed by yours and Tom's respective marriage streaks btw!

Also hope JEB and LMUH are feeling better - take it easy.

Tom - I stumbled across Flogging Molly on Kerrang Radio one night and thought they sounded good. Reminded me of watching the Dropkick Murphys at Reading a couple of years ago.

Good session Simon (and yet another good Brum joke) -  and oooooh how exciting about AW!! Will make sure I buy it tomorrow and have a look. (I do like AW but have trouble keeping up with weekly publications... must subscribe).

Enjoy the camping trip RFJ, and hope the weather holds out for you.

What: Nothing

Why: Mini-taper

Last hard: 25/05

Last rest: 17/05

Lyrics: No

I did it I did it I did it - I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 110, yay! Only the most basic, with no HRM - I've worked out suggested pace times using the McMillan calculator so will just use those as a guide. The main thing for me is an inability to maintain a consistent pace during interval training (unless I'm on the Treadmill of Doom)... might consider upgrading if I get on with it ok.

Happy weekend everyone!

27/05/2011 at 18:35

Simon:Way back in 86 I remember runing an 2.02 800m and then a 4.11 1500m within a week of each other. Both were on a cinder track

'During the war !'

JEB and LMUH: Get well soon oh and NZC too

27/05/2011 at 18:36
Dustin: I laughed at the Peter Breadsley joke
27/05/2011 at 19:56
Simon/Birkmyre...for me it was 1:58 and 3:59 way back in 1972;-(

That 3:59 was the last time I ever raced 1500m....not sure what I could manage now!
27/05/2011 at 20:19

Tom and Simon: I'd need to have a dig through old training diaries to see exactly what I was doing re track sessions back then

I'm sure Morghan would be able to offer decent advice on this.

27/05/2011 at 20:29
27/05/2011 at 20:34
Just realised I missed Dustin's post - well done to your eldest, and at the Beardsley joke!

I know very little about the very short distances, but all I can say is I can't imagine how much they must hurt!
27/05/2011 at 22:56

Lyrics: personal jesus. Can't believe no-one got that.

Johnny Cash version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

27/05/2011 at 23:03

Cheers Birky - don't worry about not commenting on it - i'm rubbish at commenting on everyone else. Thanks for the link. I'm used to the 'back in my day' stuff from everyone at my club  ...i say i'm an honest trier, as compared to those with natrual talent LOL!!

Tom - I've met Morgahan at Bedford - my missus runs for them too - and he is completely different to me - he definitely moves up to 8/15 from 400, whereas Ihave moved down. His 400 is loads faster than mine

Yes O - I'm still getting over the excitement of the AW mention. Agree about the stupid M35 vets category though - sooner or later it will be scrapped I hope!

Good running...

27/05/2011 at 23:09

Tom
Regarding ease of 20mins for 5K, I think it depends what sort of runner your are.
If you're coming at it with good leg speed (eg young and/or from a track background) then yes, 6 weeks or so for a bit of endrance, and away you go.
If you're an ageing vet more used to half marathons, it can be a rather anaerobic experiance, and a big ask regarding leg speed.  Took me about 3 races to get there.
If you just can't move that quickly, it's a different story...

27/05/2011 at 23:43
Birkmyre - I've just spent ages reading that thread!

Dustin - congrats to your daughter on having the fastest 800m time!

What: 3 miles easy.

Why: I have x-country today!
27/05/2011 at 23:44
Broad - I got the lyrics!!!
28/05/2011 at 09:17
A-ha!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.