Friday 2nd May 2014

21 to 23 of 23 messages
02/05/2014 at 18:31

Great that you now have your road bike to train on Dibs.

Blisters - is it just a strain or something worse? If there's no tear and you rest it all week (including doing any swimming with a pull buoy and not doing any standing climbs etc on the bike) you may be ok in a week. Please be careful though, I ended up having to have three months with no anything other than essential walking when I continued training and ran a marathon with bad hamstrings - took that long for the inflammation to settle. 

02/05/2014 at 20:10

birkmyre - another jolly, yes, it was very relaxing!  Not quite a holiday but I'll take it!

Another 5 miles tonight in a pacey 36:30 or so.  Enjoyed it and was pleased to do a double double while on my CPD, keeping the weight off ready for my races next week.

Blisters    pirate
03/05/2014 at 00:49

Yeah, LMH, I've not yet had any pro advice (too busy to get an appt)  so it is self diagnosis. I truly don't want to fck it up, as a result I've pretty much canned any ideas of COMPETE. Although I do have a race soon, my plan is to swim hard, bike hard, and then hobble. I'm interested in my swim time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.