Friday 30th November 2012

21 to 27 of 27 messages
Blisters    pirate
30/11/2012 at 15:33

Let me get this straight. I'm only working if I'm sat in an office all day playing with spreadsheets or compiling a load of mail merge bollocks or being bored in some meeting about a new business idea that's got the wings of a brick? I did wonder about how so many people managed a sneaky contribution onto RW during daylight hours.

I've been sat on the phone trying to resolve diary crises for a team of people so we can get paid by doing fee earning business that's good for both parties. A bit of planning to prevent disasters later. Her indoors thinks I'm playing, and at the moment, I am. See you at midnight, when I've done another hour before bed.

30/11/2012 at 16:13

No offence meant Blisters - I often work from home - but am not expected to be doing jobs around the house whilst doing so - though of course being female I do occasionally choose to multi task

Staycelt - CNBA never really an issue but fitting it in was however as I left university and stepped into teh cold and fog the gym suddenly seemed preferable to the great outdoors and all the extra time that would take - which is not often the case with me, I'd usually rather be out when running. Anyway, 30 minutes progressive snuck in between working at work and working at home!

30/11/2012 at 17:37

Swim, Swim, Swim. 3.6k of it!!!

Wish I could run. Visit to the fella postponed.

Talk to you all later

2 People entered for my race so far!!

30/11/2012 at 18:44

Greetings all,

been a tad manic here, but getting over it....

Normal madness resumes tomorrow as doing parkrun and a XC.....

5m yesterday, progressive, today rest.

Take care

PS no to the lyrics again...

30/11/2012 at 19:12

Evening

Blisters - I work nights

2 laps course at Last Friday  it seems uphill for majority of lap and steeper on the 2nd lap had a steady paced race i think good start even if a bit congested 5:07. Narrow path on 2nd km kinda got boxed as runner behind went ahead and joined the runner just ahead initially this was ok i could stay behind and have a comfy ride but it was too comfy a gap appeared and i shot through.2nd km in 5:10 onto the 2nd lap feeling it can i do another lap hill is steeper like i said 3rd km coming up forgot to press lap carry on for a mile in 8:18.

Decide to check my lap at 4km 2:02 for the 400m or so well just under. Onto the last km A few ahead of me a couple pass me but too big a gap now to make sure the ones i sense behind me stay there. I hear breathing but i don't look. Stay relaxed arms at side swing said arms see finish line in distance but its always longer than it looks keep going no one overtakes Finish in 25:31 last km in 4:56.

Am i pleased you betcha. considering what little running i've done and how tired i was feeling.

One of the Chasers speaks to me after thanks me for pulling me along that was nice so was asking me what my splits were.

30/11/2012 at 19:19
Well done Pammie! I found the two lap course much tougher: I found it all uphill too!

Walked about a mile this morning, but foot wasn't playing ball: suspect there is a reaction to Phys yesterday. So, no exercise bike and less stretching than planned.
Blisters    pirate
30/11/2012 at 23:34

Sorry for chomping earlier.
I do like to sneak a bit of a 20 miler in on WFH days, but it was never going to happen today. I did manage to run for almost 2 miles: dressed in normal civvies, (jeans, jumper, coat) I had to nip out to the Post office and local shops, but the car was in for service, and my toy (MG) decided to have a flat battery. I only ran because I found that I was wearing trainers!

Tomorrow's bike ride is cancelled due to freezing fog, never mind the flooded road closures. I think I might wrap up well and go for a run, so long as I'm back by 11.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.