Friday 4th July 2014

17 messages
04/07/2014 at 05:57

Morning.

Lyrics - I've been standing out in the rain

I'm awaiting a response from my old club Blisters. Can't see them making life difficult, they're just not like that. Need to get it sorted so that I can do my GFA for VLM and enter some races.

No grumbling from the hamstring Alehouse?

What:               easy run
Why:                forecast rain all weekend so I'll turbo then (which was my plan).
Last hard:        making decisions
Last rest:         2/7

04/07/2014 at 06:10
Morning

Good luck with sorting out the club LMH, sounds like a bit of a palava!

What: doctor then physio
Why: my twice weekly mot at the mo!
Last hard: driving on my own to the doctor will be
Lyrics nope.

Yesterday's lyrics were Everyday Buddy Holly

Hope the hammys are ok today ale.

Have a good one all.
04/07/2014 at 06:36

Morning!

Lyrics: no, although should have got yesterday's!

What: rest
Why: caution.

LMH: am aware of my hamstring, but no more. However my "good" Achilles is not very happy. There always seems to be something! I think it is called old age!

EMZ: hope you are feeling better!

04/07/2014 at 07:55

Morning all,
LmH - Don't get too worried about the finer points. Yes you need to resign from the old club, but it is highly unlikely they will stop you moving. Transfer to a new club is usually effective from the following month once they have processed your transfer/new club membership.
I wouldn't go doen the 2nd claim club route as from what I can see there is no reason for you being unable to leave one club and join another. We have people leave / join to/from other clubs all the time, not encountered a problem, the only thing is to stop athletes competing for the 'new' club before the old affiliation is transferred. I'd be surprised if any club stood in your way though.

what - easy run done, already stifling warm along the South Bank.
why - back to back easy days, after 3 hardish days.
last rest - Sunday
last hard - Wednesday

Have a lovely weekend

Edited: 04/07/2014 at 07:58
04/07/2014 at 08:17

What and why: putting things together for a week's wandering

lyrics: no

Blisters    pirate
04/07/2014 at 10:31

Going walkabout OH?

04/07/2014 at 11:44

Off till next Friday.  Physio reckons neck problems may be causing headaches (though didn't realise I had a neck problem until she made me move it around).  Perhaps too much weeding too soon? Hopefully back part time in 10 days time though, fingers crossed.

OH where are you wandering?  Will you be wondering whilst you do it?

30C so far today here   Hope the weather stays over the weekend.

04/07/2014 at 12:42

Heading off with Elspeth, the van, walking boots, kayaks, a tent and maybe cycles - probably somewhere along west coast. No fixed plans other than coming back a week on Saturday.
Windy and heavy rain today but due to improve tomorrow

04/07/2014 at 13:16

Sounds like a lovely idea for a holiday, OH. Enjoy.

Oh dear, em. About time they found out what's wrong and fixed it ...

LMH: hope the club swap works out.

Right, I did a double yesterday. 5 easy in the morning and then that awful corporate challenge thing in the evening. I was expecting to be pants and I didn't disappoint . finish time 27:40 for 6k but the first 2k took me over 10 minutes due to congestion . The way this race works is that 6000 people rock up and companies can choose to fork out about a fiver per person extra to stick their runners in the first pen. Which makes sense for the rocket men and women who battle it out for prize money. It makes a lot less sense for fun runners. No disrespect, but if people have to start walking after 1k it's a bit of a joke. The course is pretty undulating (about 300ft of ascent in total) and each time we hit a minor hill, the crowd slowed notably .  We still made it into the top 10% of teams though  and I came in third for the team, 26th lady overall. The winning lady did 21:56!! And the guy 18:04   he was East African though ...  I was never going to catch our 2 fast boys (who are sub 40 10k runners) so all in all an OK outcome, given I have not run any miles starting with a 7 since April ...

04/07/2014 at 16:51

Nice double chickadee - never heard of anything like your evening corporate event - well done on that, especially after a 5 in the morning

I'm enjoying a day of rest today - just a long walk with the dog to keep me active.

OH, sounds good, hope the weather is okay for you - tempted to hit the hills sometime next week too.

Lyrics, nope!

04/07/2014 at 17:37

Evening all from a very wet Cape Town

What: Bubbled around in the gym, 1hr spin then some stretches and core

Why: last week of being 'off'

Lyrics: Nope

Emz- ah matey, sounds like you are having a hell of a time.. I hope everything is moving in the right direction!

OH- Sounds lovely!

I have been going to a sports massage fella at the insitute of sports, first 2 sessions were on my glutes and ITB, hurt but felt good. This week we went searching for my hip pain and we defo found it. He said it is very unusual to be so high up, not quite hip flexors but probably very high TFL.... he thinks it is tendon and advised an MRI. He spent about 5 mins on the sore area each side, which was a 'nice' pain. 12 hours later... damn! I kept waking up every time I rolled onto my sides, the pain was intense. Hurts this morning but I can't work out if it is a good sore or not. Who knows... so frustrating though! Currently on you tube searching for yoga/pilates for triathletes.. maybe that might help.

Other news, just over a week until my return trip to reality. Graduation on the 15th and first day on the job being the 29th.

04/07/2014 at 17:42

p.s- does anyone have any good half ironman training plans??? Or which ones online are the best

04/07/2014 at 17:54
04/07/2014 at 18:51

Evening all,

LMH:  It's worth the upgrade:- nice toilets, warm up area, tent to chill in, clear run from the start, and  KUDOS

• What:  9.4 ish
  • Why:  Ran home from work  mind you if I'd have known what the trusty Garmin told me( 846ft of climb, 28% uphill) I might have caught the bus
  • Last Hard:  N/A
  • Last Rest:  Saturday

Have a good one!

04/07/2014 at 18:56

Evening all 

What slow 8 wish

Why fastish 8 followed by 3x800 m off 400m recoveries last night

Lyrics no

Sorry not to have been around much but very busy with end of term stuff coupled with a really carp internet connection, though this is hopefully sorted now.

04/07/2014 at 20:46

Well done Chickadee

Nice sessions Postie

Likewise I have been busy

4.25m yesterday and 6.65m today

Just entered my GFA for London next year and booked the Union Jack Club for 2 nights, as will be the first time Mrs RFJ has come to watch.....

Take care

04/07/2014 at 22:37

Postie - sounds like a fishy internet connection - I'd have that checked out!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.