Friday 4th May 2012

21 to 25 of 25 messages
Blisters    pirate
04/05/2012 at 21:49

I wanted to do a 40 mile bike today, as the roads had dried out. Obviously I'm sneaking a bit of paid time here, but hey ho I do lots of work type stuff in the evenings. By the time I got out the heart really wasn't up for an exploratory ride through uncharted hilly territory (aka Forest of Dean). Another day. Instead I chose the regular 20 loop, with time in hand to go swimming.

I'd barely gone 4 miles when I got knocked off by a van who was going for a gap that wasn't there. I was there. It's OK, it was low speed and sort of side to side. The bike didn't make contact and is fine, I've just got a minor graze. It looked impressive to the other drivers though. Anyway, I did the 20 mile bike, and went to the pool as well for 45 minutes in the water.
Note, this is not 45 minutes swimming, not even half that. Although still officially crap I feel that there may be minor improvements identifiable.

Being careful with the knees: no running today.
I understand that Gobi wants off, as he appears everywhere on the t'interweb. This halls up they've made to the forum is annoying.

Edited: 04/05/2012 at 21:50
Blisters    pirate
04/05/2012 at 21:50

Apparently you can't say crap with an @ now.

04/05/2012 at 22:11

WTF has gone on in here..... not good....

Rest day today - yesterday was a 3m tempo run with 1k either side as strapped for time.

Tomorrow am working in the west so taking in Killerton Parkrun first.

Take care

04/05/2012 at 22:15

Blisters:  I take it the van was white! Glad you are OK! Shame about the vocabulary restriction, though.

LMH: next appointment is 14th May...we were all expecting a big improvement by then. Time yet!

Paddy: nice cross training! In one way I am beyond the frustration...until I start to walk quickly, and simply want to break out into a run, but know that I can't. Just try to keep sane by telling myself that much worse things happen to people. Improving? May be some while yet. Now where's Gobi?

RFJ: from what I hear of Killerton it could be rather muddy. Enjoy!

Edited: 04/05/2012 at 22:20
Blisters    pirate
04/05/2012 at 23:37

Question. Do I stay up for half an hour just to annoy the early bird thread starters?

No

I don't think that the day starts until after you've slept and you've got up to start properly. Nighty night.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.