Friday 7th December 2012

21 to 30 of 30 messages
07/12/2012 at 17:16

Enjoy well deserved pint AH and toast those good memories.
LMH...not tpoo bad...up at 7. Race starts at 11 but will be at least 20 mins shorter than that half Still a long sesh so def counting as LSR
Sweep...I've got a Park Run 20 minutes away and it's 09.00 Sat morning yet I have tkd at 10.30. Toying with the idea as I could use some short sharp runs yet feel I might be a tad tired for tkd. Anyone else been to/got some opinions/advice on merits or otherwise.

07/12/2012 at 17:20
Suppose it depends how hard you run it, I know I would have to see how quick I could get round each time, but if you can avoid racing and just treat it as a training run with others than I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.
07/12/2012 at 18:26

PS the real WHAT:
Friday: OSKA (Sea Kayaking) night oot
Saturday: Orkney Polar Bears Xmas Dip and Party
Sunday:55

Mmm
may have to get some running in to keep on top of all of this

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 18:28
07/12/2012 at 18:33

OH:  I shall give my regards to HM this evening. 55 what? Miles/pints/years?? The rest of your weekend sounds too wet and cold to me!!

07/12/2012 at 19:05

Tonight's sea kaying outing is entirely on shore!
and 55 years (too old for 55 pints/years )

07/12/2012 at 19:24
ale i'm at 18 parkruns. maybe i'll reach 50 next year! i find it a really good motivation to work on my speed, and am lucky enough to live v. nearby! thankfully work doesn't breach my weekends so i always try and go if i've not been out late on friday...
07/12/2012 at 19:41

GGG: it was Tom who asked about the parkruns...but as you have mentioned them, going for 50 is an ambitious plan by the end of 2013! Also it is ambitious to have mulled cider and breakfast in the pub before the run. I would leave it until afterwards.

07/12/2012 at 21:21
oops! yes think i'll stick to coffee at 10am although I have been feeling very christmassy so may not be able to resist a bit of mulled cider.
07/12/2012 at 23:29

oops should have been too old for 55 pints /miles!

Blisters    pirate
08/12/2012 at 00:40

Lyrics: White Wedding by Billy Idol. Clearly Tom is pre-punk, although this was rather Top 40 version of mild punk, like Boomtown Rats or something.

Unfortunately, no opportunity to work from home today (Friday), and the motorways were not clever. A vote for peace within the family household was not even a question, it was a necessity. No training.

Alehouse. Like you say 56 is a bit too close for comfort (eh Tom?). If it's appropriate to wet a baby's head with a pint or two, then surely it's appropriate to do funerals in the Irish manner. Take a week over it and sober up later. I've got ideas about what I want at my funeral, and one thing is a decent meal, none of this stuff about a plate of curly sandwiches.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.