Friday 9th November 2012

21 to 30 of 30 messages
09/11/2012 at 15:49

Thanks for the welcome guys....nice to see a thread with so many interesting comments, injuries, pass times!!
Looking forward to getting back into runniing and the reporting here, I think, might just help as well as the challenge of remebering the song

09/11/2012 at 16:02

Tom:  you sound to be back on track...and i hope that tomorrow's long run is uneventful! Consultant sounds happy with his handiwork and expects that at some point I will be running again. No idea when, though, and he won't be drawn on a timescale.

Straycelt:  nowhere near S. Wales...try the North-West! OH (who I know only virtually) hails from a couple of hundred yards from one of the said pubs. Neither the Royal Oak nor the Griffin are uncommon names: there are also two Dog and Partridges and three Crown pubs nearby, as well as a further Griffin! How did you find the Cardiff half?

09/11/2012 at 16:14

Alehouse, I'll think about you guys when I plod past both next week
I ran with a half mara virgin...he wanted around 2hrs but he fell apart at 8 and went to lead at 10 so ended in 2.15. I've paced it a number of times at 1.45/1.40 (No idea why they changed it from 8 min miling to sub 8) This  year was pretty boring and it's still tooo congested in a number of places, especially coming back on the narrow stretches from the bay. Better support than usual. Would have preferred to run a tad quicker but commitments made. Probably just as well given what happened next!

09/11/2012 at 16:28
Straycelt - my best running years (1973-77) were spent running around Cardiff, Penarth and Barry. My daughter still lives outside Cardiff, so I get the chance to run some of my old routes 3-4 times a year - albeit rather slower than of old. One of my more enjoyable efforts of recent years was the Cardiff KRUF 10k which finished inside the Millenuim Stadium...really cool.
Blisters    pirate
09/11/2012 at 16:51

Welcome aboard Stray.

Tom, would would have had a laugh at me finishing up those inclines. Wheezing like an old steam train. Easy it most certainly was not. Having someone with me meant that I just simply had to dig deeply to be able to pull it off. With a mile to go I cranked up the engine and got a HR of 161 out of the old Massey Ferguson. It goes to show that I could pull off a marathon, but not necessarily a spectacular one. Like Alehouse says, I'd like to do one of those 20's every 2 or 3 weeks. Then we'll see what's in the tank. It only looks like a 3:45 at the moment.

09/11/2012 at 16:55

Welcome straycelt! Blisters not sure I understood?

09/11/2012 at 17:38

Evenin all.

What: rest today and 11.5 km with club last night
Why: knackered, meant to be working this afternoon but my body went into unfunctioning mode so slept instead.
Lyrics: yes

Lacrosse match tomorrow, 6 am start :S

Ale  glad achillies is on the way up.

Have a good one all

09/11/2012 at 17:50

Alehouse glad to see Achilles is finally getting some lubrication
LMH Saturday this week is nothing special - probably usual swim (which I do look forwards to!) and run. It's just that work has been rather busy of late.
StrayCelt welcome

What: not a lot
Why: just finishing work
Last Hard: Tuesday
LastRest: Tuesday!
Lyrics: yes - although I cheated to check

09/11/2012 at 18:33

Hello Straycelt - always good to have new blood. What's next for you race wise?

OH - thought that might be the case.

Blisters - what a great run. I'm jealous.

Chickadeee - I agree totally, I'd love that to be my easy pace. Maybe you need a bit more of a break before throwing yourself back into marathon training?

Good news Alehouse.

Tom - although I run to HR I seem to have just one pace outside of races. Glad to hear that you're back to it.

Dustin - hope the hammy holds up.

Enjoy tomorrow Wabo!

I ran in the end. Just 4 miles with the dog, much needed after a stressful afternoon spent in the hobbit hole (office with no natural light or ventilation).

09/11/2012 at 23:12

Welcome Straycelt

What Nothing
Why - a few pints at the Club presentation night....... came away with the male points rophy for the road runners a tad unexpected this year with so much time out, but have still logged the races and thats the counter......
Last Hard - yesterday
Last Rest - Today

Lyrics - YES

Parkrun and XC tomorrow....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.