09/11/2012 at 06:19

Morning from a dreich (wet) west of Scotland

Todays lyrics:One man  one goal  one mission,

What: 4 easy miles.

Why: Legs heavy, feeling a bit sluggish

ale:Hope you get on mend soon

hansy: Welcome

DD : Agreed re Blues.

Hope Bradley Wiggins gets back in saddle quickly aftre his accident yesterday.Same with Cyclings Head Coach Shane Sutton

Back later.

09/11/2012 at 06:33
Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Signed, sealed, delivered," Stevie Wonder.

Today's lyrics: know

What: off to see consultant, so that's a short drive (!), train, lift and the reverse.

Why: Achilles check-up

Last hard: prostate test!

Last rest: every day's a rest!

Enjoyed the Spurs game last night! Couldn't spot you in the crowd Wabo: must be the haircut!

On other news, I have a lift to the Alehouse for an hour tonight. Before you ask OH it's in HM!
09/11/2012 at 06:39
Morning,

My lyrics losing streak has finally come to an end!

Having a rest day today, i've done plenty this week
09/11/2012 at 06:44
Meant to say, glad you went to the club last night, Sweep: good running! Rest day is probably a good call!
09/11/2012 at 06:46

Morning ale and sweep

I suddenly thought I'd posted the singers / band of todays song  with the lyrics.Realised now that I haven't, thankfully

09/11/2012 at 07:01

Morning.

Well done for getting out sweep.

Hope it goes well Alehouse.

Nice to see NZC back - what's next?

OH some thing special planned or just no working?

The conspiracy theorists could have a great time with Bradley and Shane's incidents couldn't they?

What:          30 mins easy or nothing
Why:           busy day and legs still achey
Last hard:   is it time for hard again yet?
Last rest:    4/11

Lyrics - yes.

09/11/2012 at 08:07
Was a bit worried it'd be too much, as picked up the milage a fair bit since joining the club, but felt pretty good. Definitely made the right choice with this club, they're gonna help me improve nicely I think
09/11/2012 at 08:26

happy friday all,
well done yesterday Sweep, good run! Likewise decent session RFJ and Blisters spot on with easy should be easy, hard should be hard. I find it difficult to run the easy ones as easy as I'd like.
Good result Wabo, and a decent performance. Defoe above Sheringham now in the scoring charts! I can't believe we have a couple of Millwall fans on here, I can't think of any other London sides that play in blue....
what - 3 or 4 easy
why - hamstring test, 2 days of rest have helped & want to try it before 10 miles of mud on Saturday...
last rest - weds & Thurs
last hard - resisting running yesterday

oh and a yep to the words

09/11/2012 at 09:39

Morning. Lyrics not sure.

What: Rest.
Why: Been at it all week.
Last hard: Wednesday's gym.
Last rest: Friday.

LMH yes I'm lucky there's a Home Run route that goes from really close to work to my new place, although I'll only be working here another month and a bit... Got some interviews lined up so fingers crossed I can secure something before the end of the year. Both are short term but 14 months and 22 months, that's more security than I've had for a while! 

Hope you enjoyed your ale alehouse.

09/11/2012 at 10:35

GGG: best of luck with the interviews. Never a nice feeling to be up in the air about jobs ... I think most of us have been there.

Blisters: can we swap paces please? Your easy is about my HM pace

NZChristine wrote (see)

chickadee - when is your marathon?

NZC: April 21 so nowhere near, thank god. I'm still in recovery from my autumn mara but I like to keep a decent base of 50mpw which I should hit this week

sweep. wrote (see)
Felt alright after work, so went out, we did a hilly 9 mile loop in about 75 mins... Glad I bothered now

always makes you feel great when you beat the CNBA fairy .

what: 10 miles a leeettle quicker than of late
why: I felt good for once!
last rest: 2/11
lyrics: yes

09/11/2012 at 10:55
Good luck with the interviews gg!
09/11/2012 at 11:12

Morning all,

Nothing interesting to report.  So another dull post.

What: Hope to do 4 miles easy

Why: Only done 1 run in the 12 days since my marathon.  I need to get myself out of this before it becomes a habit!!

Lyrics Yes.

Have a great Friday

09/11/2012 at 12:03

morning all

lyrics yes! Prob afternoon when I am finished posting so good afternoon too....

shame about the 2 cyclists indeed birkmyre, hope they make speedy recoveries!

lol dustin! It was a good night made greater by the half time appearance of Fabrice Muamba, the best part for me. Bless him.

alehouse hope all goes well today, I did wave at you! Was sitting near the corner paxton rd end, bale took a corner on our side second half, well at least one!

what: gym d&d early early doors, tai chi squats lunges as well

why: strength

last hard: tuesday

last easy: yesterday

Race tomorrow afternoon just a club handicap fun sort of 5 mile thing then a remembrance run sunday which will be about an hour.  so I dont mind so much that I didnt run since Tuesday!

have a good weekend all

Blisters    pirate
09/11/2012 at 12:23

GGG, swap organised for Tuesday. I'll take your good looks any day. If you keep pushing yourself to the limit for 10 years your current 400m pace will become your marathon pace.
Lyrics: a classic.
Today, the plan went like clockwork. Having received a late text on the lines of "you didn't reply to my FB message" I suddenly had a partner for my long run. We met once I'd done an hour, and then continued on my regular long route with a couple of diversions. The final bit is proper training. 18 miles in and the inclines need to be tackled. Of course, she was as fresh as a daisy and I had to work a bit. A great result though, and the steam train made an outing on the final few "race you to the top". A total of 22.7 miles in 3:15, averaging 8:36m/m. Now that I am happy about, and nothing below 9m/m on the open road.

Cold bath done, hot bath done, compression socks on, refuelling in progress. Weight down to a dehydrated record low of 11st3lb. I wasn't expecting that, apart from when I pulled my trousers on twice.

OK gang, go and hit the dance floor!

09/11/2012 at 15:00

Great training, Blisters. Would be good if you could get one of those runs in on a consistent basis every 2 to 3 weeks.

Wabo: thanks for the wave...and there was I looking for you in the Director's Box. Good training first thing, enjoy the handicap (I used to love handicaps!) and yes, the Fabrice Muamba appearance was moving on TV, so it must have been pretty emotional live.

Chick: a better run! Long may it continue. And RW,  I'm sure Chick would say that the lethargy is normal.

Dustin:  enjoy the mud, and take care of that hamstring!

6 hours travel for about 5 minutes with the consultant! My fault for being picky with the consultant, but still glad I did: he's still pleased with progress and I can start physio next Friday, and then see him the following Monday. Moving in the right direction. However, Blisters, no, I won't be hitting the dance floor.

09/11/2012 at 15:14

Permission to join thread please...do enjoy reding the lyrics and been lurking for a while but if it's a private party happy to diappear:
Lyrics yes
What: Gym session
Why: First outing post real flu
Last Hard: Cardiff Half
Last Easy: Cardiff Half followed by flu and
Last Rest: Cardiff to today!

09/11/2012 at 15:32

Hi Straycelt! You, and anybody else, is most welcome! And you have the format just right!

09/11/2012 at 15:39
Good afternoon

Blisters - excellent 22.7M. Like Chick, I'm also envious of your easy running pace.

Alehouse, glad things are now going smoothly on the achilles front (well back actually). Did the consultant give you any information about the actual physical state of the tendon when he got in there.

Dustin - hope the hammie settles down before the Saturday mud wallowing session.

Welcome Straycelt. It's surprising how often new posters are drawn onto the thread by the lure of the lyrics, rather than the sage comments found here on!

I think I'm a bit too undisciplined in my running to run my slower runs as slow as they should, though I now try to stick to the principle of 2-3 key sessions a week plus as much easy running as I can handle.

Ankle has settled down and I managed an uneventful 5.6M this morning, so only lost a couple of days this week. 16M with club tomorrow should get me back on track.
Edited: 09/11/2012 at 15:42
09/11/2012 at 15:44

Alehouse....are you in SWales or are there two towns with a Griffin and a Royal Oak?

09/11/2012 at 15:45
Hi straycelt
1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.