Friday Session - 15 November

21 to 36 of 36 messages
15/11/2002 at 12:42
Swerve - please don't get them fell racing. They'll beat me.

Earlier I said "got to wait in for a man to read the meter" oh! the joys of living in a foreign country and having notices in some strange language pushed through your door.

Notice actually said "we are cutting off your electricity for two hours" (I read it properly after the electricity went off). So despite poorly back, went for a run for two hours. Back feels a lot better and the electricity is back on!
15/11/2002 at 12:44
swerve

well done with the bovines. I dare say by january you'll have them all kitted up with an HRM and then......forum access.

I recall a couple of years ago walking across a field of ?bullocks who not only followed at increasing pace but also adopted an interesting habit of pawing the ground with their feet reminiscent of their fully grown fathers. Fortunately this summers encounters were more passive - chewed cud and stomped off.
15/11/2002 at 12:50
what : 4.5 miles at at half five this morning.
why : 'cos i'm mad! That and i've been frustrated by working late everynight this week missing both club nights and not having any energy to go out. So i thought sod it, i will run today and set the alarm ealy.
last hard : sunday
last rest : mon, tue, weds & thurs. Bad Boy!!

Bit of a swim later and 3 mile route tomorrow at hard-ish pace then 5 mile race on sun.
15/11/2002 at 14:43
Update to earlier post.
Compromised the two choices and did a 1.5 mile jog followed by 20*30sec fast hill reps with jog/walk recoveries.Easy jog home.
All off road on boggy (and in some places flooded) fields.

I have to say this was probably the most knackering session I have done for a VERY long time.I'm ok (all things are relative) with road hill repeats, but this was a killer.

Why did I decide to start off road running this winter? Will I see the benefit next spring on the road?

Good luck to all the pb chasers this weekend.
15/11/2002 at 14:58
Hi Everyone!

Well just like Psi im having injury problems to my ankle,sunday and monday could just about walk.

But today saw a great improvement.......

What: 5km run easy, 2000m hardish, leg resistance workout 20 reps x 3
Why: Wanted to test out the ankle (felt good)

Last Hard: ?
Last Rest: All week.

Have a good weekend runners!!!
15/11/2002 at 15:24
What: nowt
Why: Always take Friday off
Last hard run: Tuesday
Last rest day: Today

Just got back from Harry Potter + Chamber of Secrets, umm, well, if you really liked the first one I'd say it's worth a look, if you had reservations regarding HP + Philosophers Stone then I'd recommend offering to drop everyone off and fitting your long run into the time (easily done, movie + adverts must be ~ 3 hours!!).
15/11/2002 at 16:22
Did 8.5 this afternoon,

Left ankle hurting,

Blister burst on toe, sock full of blood,

Hard skin on ball of right foot cracked and split, very painfull,

Dont you just love running.........
15/11/2002 at 16:22
8.5 mile that is........
15/11/2002 at 16:44
Swerve, this happens all the time around here! I'm secretly dead scared of cattle in fields, told my husband who said 'What, another mad cow running through fields.' Can't think what he meant, surely he wasn't insinuating that...?

What: enforced rest.
Why: Been on the phone all day and now it's dark, damn that means long run postponed until tomorrow.

Good luck all racers, esp at Brighton.

MM - I'm set to miss out on Harry Potter all together, younger daughter got invited by friend, and older daughter in the process of making arragements to go with her mates tonight and I'm pretty sure they won't want me tagging along. Suppose I could sit on a different row. Oh, and guess whos' driving!
15/11/2002 at 17:30
What:
AM - 4.3 miles easy
PM - 35 mins turbo
Why: Recovery day
Last hard day: Yesterday
Last easy: Tuesday

Gareth
15/11/2002 at 17:30
Oh and good luck to everyone racing this weekend. Have a good one :o)

Gareth
15/11/2002 at 17:39
There's obviously a huge untapped market for cow running merchandise out there. Can I interest anyone in a Bovine Trotters Running Club vest at £399.95 each, XXXXXXL only?

Anyone know a good sports bra manufacturer? I've just had an idea.
15/11/2002 at 20:15
What: 8 miler this morning - first time i've run without being soaked by rain for a week! Did two miles over the fields, then 6 x 800m round the footie fields and through th epuddles, then 2 miles home. Seemed to be all wet again.
Why: needed a bit of speed work.
Last hard day - tuesday: Speed session in morning and club handicap race in evening
Last easy day - yesterday - in the rain again.
15/11/2002 at 21:29
Good idea swerve, anything to avoid the dreaded 'runner's udder' syndrome.
15/11/2002 at 21:50
What: approx 4K easy this evening
Why: Just to keep me going, distinct lack of training this week.

Last hard: Sunday
Last easy: Tuesday
15/11/2002 at 22:13
8 miles in 52:31

Started off a shade faster than schedule (6:30 per mile) - stayed ahead until 6 miles (38:52). Then the wheels flew off big style - last 2 miles dragging myself home at 6:50 pace. Mean HR pretty high also - 165.
This 84 minute 1/2M looks a formidable proposition......

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.