21 to 27 of 27 messages
18/10/2002 at 13:35
sunny & 7C here - will be colder by the time I get out alas

what: steady long run - not sure how long as yet
why: still trying to increase mileage

last hard day: Sun
last rest day: Thu
18/10/2002 at 15:46
Wasn't it lovely and sunny this morning? Had to dig out the thermal leggs and top and find a hat it was so cold. Not quite a frost, but a nearly white heavy dew.

What - 3.5 miles fairly fast off road
Why - 1/2M race on Sunday
last hard day - last Saturday cross country races
last rest day - all this week.

18/10/2002 at 15:54
Bright and sunny in Bristol after a dull start.

What: Rest Day
Why: Westom Prom Race last night

Last Hard: Yesterday 5 mile race
Last Rest: Wednesday

Gym + Long Run (11 miles) at weekend
18/10/2002 at 16:53
Afternoon one and all!

What: nothing!
Why: 10 mile race tomorrow. Not feelig very confident at the moment as I have to admit to having a tight right calf and a little niggle above the knee of the same leg. I will see how it feels tomorrow and hope that it's nothing to be concerned about.
I hope the weather stays like it's been today-cold, no wind and a little bit of sunshine.
18/10/2002 at 16:59
Good luck to all those racers this weekend.

Just bought myself one of those Petzl headlight thingumabob's which I will taking for a test drive later this evening.
18/10/2002 at 19:59
Hmmmm...not an entirely successful attempt at a long run...

Attempted to do an approx 9 mile course which used to provide one of my "core" sessions when training for my only marathon 21 years ago. Some 25 mins into the run realised my guts were going to force me to find a loo somewhere before too long. Fortunately just made it to my parents' house (about 35 mins round the course).
Resumed after another 10 mins with gear now v damp with sweat, so took the shortest route home - was into the wind - yech! Also (as it always seems to at this time of year) the drop in temperature ensured I was full of snotty gunge. Glad to get home (53 mins actually running). Not a pleasant outing alas.
18/10/2002 at 21:39
Gorgeous but cold. Seems to have gone from shorts & Tshirt to fleeces and coats in a week. Hope you don't have any more family traumas this weekend Road Runner.
Mike - the best laid plans...

What: 6 miles @ 1/2m pace (8 min miling, hurray)
Why: couldn't get out 'til after 6 and it was getting dark so ran fast to avoid spooking myself through the woods. Clocked 48mins for this loop, pleased with that, if I hadn't worn my day watch would never have known!
Crisis on the HRM front - can't find my HRM watch and feel totally lost without it. Last seen days ago being peeled off with various sweaty clothes in the bathroom. Serious house tidy required this weekend obviously.

Last hard: tonight
Last rest: yesterday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.