29/11/2002 at 15:41
what: gym day, 4 mile run, 2.5k row, upper body weights
why: because I want to

last hard: Sunday
last rest: Wednesday
KR
29/11/2002 at 16:23
What: easy day today, going swimming later
Why: I did do yesterdays hill session after all (although I only did 10 hills while all the speedy boys did 16) so my legs are quite tired today. Trying to improve my swimming technique - next year I will try a tri
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Mon
29/11/2002 at 16:29
Hi pb - yes, I am the Icelandic forumite. Or at any rate, the forumite who lives in Iceland.
29/11/2002 at 17:55
LizzyB

so you'll be the Icelandic forumite who writes so eloquently about the joys of running in Iceland in this week's RW letters column, and who comes on here every day and whinges about how miserable it is running in Iceland. ;-)
29/11/2002 at 18:02
Don't winge! Merely point out that it's a bit dark at the moment! And there are too many dead rabbits, jellyfish and F15 fighter planes for my liking. Not to mention the dog poo.

Sulking now. Off to off licence. And as I pointed out on another thread, only wrote the letter to win trainers and that didn't work. So REALLY sulking. Big time. Bah!
29/11/2002 at 18:06
Lizzy -

of course you don't whinge - honestly I love your reports from the frozen north.

although I suspect that your original letter was full of roadkill and fighter planes, but those shiny happy people at RW edited to make it all sound so much more fun.
29/11/2002 at 18:14
Post-Thanksgiving Day Feast run, 6.5 miles. Think I ate too many desserts in one day -- pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, ice cream and 3 big cookies which resulted in another bit of struggling today. Still looking for the elusive easy run. The bad news is I'm going for another Thanksgiving dinner with in-laws tomorrow. Plus there are all these leftovers...
29/11/2002 at 18:47
Hi

What: AM: 8km steady run, PM: 5km fast pace run
Why:Trying to get sharpness back due to flu and ankle injury.
Last Hard:Wednesday
Last Rest:Thursday

Im sweating here, a parcel has been left next door from the postie,(and there out) im a guessing..............its my fleece!
29/11/2002 at 19:48
what I said: Funky 5 Miler (or 8 if the flesh is willing)

what i did: 3 mile walk run with the missus

good job too as I forgot i'm racing on Sunday
29/11/2002 at 21:17
Key session:
Thru 8 miles in 51:58, but then
8½ miles in 55:36 - at which point I'd basically died on my @rse - so called a halt at that point.
I get a bit further each time before losing it - but not far enough it seems.....
29/11/2002 at 21:41
Hi all

Gorgeous outing early this morning from Bank of England along Victoria embankment with the river just coming to life, down to Big Ben and Parliament, over the bridge to the old County Hall, past the Dali exhibition, the London Eye etc etc, back to the Bank.

How far: No idea
Why: See above - urban running at its finest and what better way to start a business trip. Back to rainy Brussels now.

Good weekend to everyone racing or training or resting!
29/11/2002 at 23:30
Evening

What - very easy 3 miler
Why - tapering for first "Half" in training on Sunday!
Last Hard - Yesterday
Last Rest - Wednesday

Cheers!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.