Friday Session - 8 November

21 to 31 of 31 messages
08/11/2002 at 13:03
Afternoon.

What: Just come back from 10k in the pouring rain and biting wind, followed by crunches and press-ups.

Why: Two days rest due to pain in right leg. Seems to be okay now.

Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: yesterday

08/11/2002 at 13:32
Helloooo,

Just done 7.5 miles in lashing rain got absolutly soaked (t shirt and shorts) 20 mins stretching after then a red hot bath,
what could be better, luverly........
08/11/2002 at 13:39
Didn't do yesterdays planned run due to parents evening that I'd forgotten about.Took the missus for a chinese afterwards which ruled out a late night run too!

So feeling guilty did 6-6.5 mile fartlek.First two miles over fields,rest on roads
Why : speedwork
Last Rest: yesterday
Last hard: Wednesday

Oh and it p1ssed down continually again.
08/11/2002 at 17:03
what : nothing again. havn't done anything since light(ish) 6 mile club run on wednesday.
why : too tired and busy
last hard day : sunday's 10 miler
last rest day : monday, wednesday and thursday

week 1 of marathon training went good. week 2 has not really progressed. Still, hopefully a quiet weekend will help me to get out both days.
08/11/2002 at 17:09
What: nothing
Why: it's raining
Last dry day: September (or so it feels).
08/11/2002 at 19:50
What: zilch again!
Why: Did too much at circuits on Monday and for the first time ever have been unable to run for 3 days due to extreme muscle soreness.

Felt like I'd done a marathon! Sitting down was painful and trying to straighten out my leg even more painful.

Must have done about 300 steps ups fast and goodness knows how many lunges.

Never again! Just hope I've not blown my chance of a good time at Cheddar 1/2 tomorrow.
Psi
08/11/2002 at 20:13
Just like to add that cycling today turned into a nightmarish experience in torrential rain. Lovely. (Also I cycled through a six-inch deep megapuddle that must have been at least 400 metres long!)
08/11/2002 at 21:01
Sounds fun Psi

what - Xtrain
why - zillas gotta slight cold - didn't want to agravate it

last hard day - tuesday
last rest day - wednesday?

08/11/2002 at 21:04
Evening all,

What: 5.6 miles easy
Why: Easy run
Last hard run: Wednesday
Last rest: 11 days...

Going to try and get out on the bike tommorrow, weather permitting

Gareth
08/11/2002 at 21:24
Did my new longer Friday run in 50:05 (suspect length is between 7¼ and 7½ miles - need to measure it properly).
Not brilliantly fast, but it was the wettest run I've had in ages - rain was a fine, v heavy drizzle much of the way round, huge puddles to skirt, too much traffic (some of which was driving through the puddles I thought deliberately), and the delights of the Village Road hill climb halfway round (almost exactly 800m long, ~150 ft up, done tonight in 3:46 - watch this space, it'll get better over time).
Didn't feel particularly drained afterwards either. So q pleased on balance.
08/11/2002 at 22:04
What: 5 miles in the pouring rain
Why: good excuse to get out of work at lunch time and test the new waterproof :)
Last hard day: Monday
Last rest day: yesterday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.