Friday session 10 Jan

41 to 44 of 44 messages
10/01/2003 at 22:34
Laura,
best of luck with the race tomorrow, give it hell.

Achilles,
looks like you're already making some headway for Horwill Maniac of the year 2003!

Drew,
good to see you posting, how's the training for FLM going, next race up Helsby?

Snicks,
pull the other one, last drop for 10 weeks, you'll be flagellating yourself and wearing a hair shirt next. Cutting back on the booze is fine, cutting it out is NUTS!

What: Nowt.
Why: Friday = day off.
Last hard run: Yesterdays lunchtime session with Frank H.
Last rest day: Today.
10/01/2003 at 22:41
Good luck tomorrow Laura, you'll just love it!

LizzyB-hope you get to feeling well again soon. Not a nice thing to be suffering with.

What: Rest day-2 miles at lunch time to get stiffness from yesterdays speed session out of my legs. PM, swimming. Lots of drills for technique and speed.
Why-active recovery day
Last hard-yesterday
Last easy-today
10/01/2003 at 23:26
7 miles in 45:18 - about 6:28 pace.
Not too bad - however the cold air again led to me choking - twice - as the gunge built up in my tubes - disrupted breathing & rhythm while I shifted it (don't ask).
Is this an asthmatic symptom? I've never thought of myself as suffering from it.
Really could do with a mild day next Sunday.

MM - I have dropped booze completely for the time being - does improve the quality of my sleep which I do need at the moment. The first can of DAB post Helsby will taste all the better for the abstinence.....
11/01/2003 at 15:29
MM - did I tell you I was brought up a Catholic!! (These hair shirts don't half itch.)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.