Friday session, 20 Dec 2002

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Psi
20/12/2002 at 00:21
What: We shall be running up to 6 of your Earth miles at a steady pace.
Why: Galactic conquest, and because we need to.

Last hard: When we crossed your asteroid belt. and, upper body the other day.
Last rest: Yesterday, plugged into recharger unit 7.

(__8|
20/12/2002 at 09:05
What: 6 Miles Easy, 39 minutes
Why: Recovery from my 'hard' week, hahaha
Last Hard:???
Last Rest: Tuesday

Fell over twice today. First time on the tarmac, which butchered my left arm, my right hand, both knees and my HRM. I then carried on with my run, and fell over in the park, coating myself in mud. Great stuff. Just not my week, is it?
20/12/2002 at 09:11
What: 6 Miles
Why: Schedule Says so.
Last Hard: Sunday
Last Rest: Monday

Looking forward to Christmas!
20/12/2002 at 09:20
KK

Clearly Psi has been partly assimilated .... and the Borg are out for you too.

HRM's are obviously their point of entry - hence their attack on yours. IHRR rescue, where are you ! The only way to save Earth is for the rest of us is to lock our HRM's away until we are advised it is safe ...

20/12/2002 at 09:27
what: 10 miles
why: try to add another mile to the tempo run. 65 mins would be nice....in my dreams.

last hard day: Tue
last long day: Sun
last rest day: Thu
20/12/2002 at 09:37
What: 6 -7 miles fastish
Why: I need a quality session

Last Hard : Wednesday
Last Rest : Tuesday
20/12/2002 at 09:49
I missed my early morning slot so nothing! Friends to stay. Up talking till 3am, all the children awake at 6am.
Poor old KK - PSI...what's that all about? Happy running everyone
20/12/2002 at 09:51
KK - where do you do your Body Balance. Are there many in the class? Where I teach we never get more than three in all three BB classes (it's not just me!)
20/12/2002 at 10:05
Fitness First, Reading (Meadway Shopping Centre). Normally in the high 'teens, but this week there was only 4, due to Xmas parties we reckon. Obviously the class used up my weeks reserve of 'balance' last night!
20/12/2002 at 10:09
what: Running off the food and drink of xmas parties this week. - 4-6 miles easy

why: bloated

20/12/2002 at 10:28
Morning Goons

What: rest

Why: Driving down to Kent to see the mother in law and need to reserve some energy for tomorrows ritual whooping at squash, need to at least give her a game...

Last hard: Club night last night.

Last Rest: Sunday

As I will be in Canterbury on Saturday, can anyone please advise on a decent running shop.

Have a good weekend all and see you Monday.
20/12/2002 at 10:41
What: Upper body weights and a few abs/lower back exercises

Why: Ran yesterday, running tomorrow

Last hard: Felt a bit hard yesterday, very cold, sore heels and a stitch

Last rest: Fell asleep on the floor on Wednesday evening, missed my run

Put my orthotics back in my shoes, heels feel much better. If anyone cares.
20/12/2002 at 10:49
Glad to hear it Runner Bean. I'm looking forward to getting my orthotics back too. I got them sent back to the lab for modification (they need a larger heel raise to take the pressure off my achilles). And the first few days WALKING without them felt weird/painful.
Enjoy the weights...
20/12/2002 at 11:37
Hello people - festive whatsits to all.

What: Rest. Oh, and spend time browsing the 'blisters' threads.
Why: Need to recover.
Hard: Yesterday - intervals.
Rest: Wednesday.

Not very exciting, but I can't be fascinating every day!
20/12/2002 at 11:41
Another not really running runner post. managed a whole 10mins on the treadmill last night at a scintillating 9mi/min before knee began to ache. still that's twice as long as last week. And then i did a hard interval session on the rotex unit without running these are getting harder as the fitness goes :-((.

so today

what : maybe 60mins steady cycle
why: moderate the running
last hard day : yesterday
last rest : weds

20/12/2002 at 12:46
cheer up everybody - all over the world it's the season of peace and goodwill to all mankind -

- except in Washington where Bush says "clock ticking down to war". hmmmmm, makes you think.

what: 2M warm-up; 6x1K @ 5K pace off 60 sec. recoveries; 1M warm-down
why: Frank's orders
last rest: Tuesday
last hard day: Wednesday

KK - bad luck, mate. sounds like one of those weeks where it's safest just to stay in bed.
20/12/2002 at 12:52
What: 40 minute steady run
Why: should be doing long 20+ miler today as part of Frank's orders but don't have enough time so will do it tomorrow instead.
Last rest day: Tuesday
Last hard day: Wednesday

KK, you are having a bad week!
20/12/2002 at 14:34
hi chums,

what : 5 miles easy (37-38 mins)
why : recovery after yesterdays longish effort
20/12/2002 at 15:54
Out for another run, time to don the crash-pads, skater styl-ee. Wish me luck!

"Once more into the breach..."
20/12/2002 at 16:49
What: Nothing
Why: It's my birthday, I was out late last night (went to see LOTR2 - a must see) and had a couple of glasses of wine with lunch. Going home for a snooze.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.