Friday session 6/12/02

21 to 25 of 25 messages
06/12/2002 at 17:06
Sorry to hear of your lingering injury Martin, hope you can get back to running soon!

What: swim, if I can make it. I have a raging sore throat that I'm hoping will disappear as quickly as it came. Just hope I can race on Sunday. It's my last one of the year so really want to do it.
Psi
06/12/2002 at 17:08
hello!

What: (over next three days): Running, marching, jumping, eating only field rations, doing exhausting platoon attacks, partying til 4am in the mess, then getting up at 0630 for a run in the rain, doing more stuff, getting home, sleeping forever. :)
why: training weekend, of course!

Last hard: Definitely, later today!
Last rest: Yesterday
06/12/2002 at 18:16
Evening all and thank god it's Friday!

firstly, commiserations to Martin and sfh legs re knee problems, and Martin, maybe your work schedule has something to do with your cold too...Hope you both get good treatment, you both sound well motivated to keep going with the cross training.

Wild Will, really wish you the best, take a day at a time.

Drew et al, I actually looked up the Horvill variable pace sess on the internet last night, can't believe you did this in 38 mins!

Good luck all racers, Hilly all the best with the throat and MM, perhaps the trot will be more of a canter at 1.22 or thereabouts??

What: 2 hrs LSD. With the emphasis on slow.
Why: Got to keep up with Fat face at Helsby! And it's about time I started doing some longer road runs again.
Had vaguely toyed with the idea of doing second half @ marathon pace, what a joke, felt completely out of leg fuel by the time I got back, are these really the same legs that did 7 something miling last Sunday?? Haven't depressed myself by measuring the distance yet.

Happy weekend to all and wrap up warm Sunday...
06/12/2002 at 20:05
Evening to all!

Feeling very tired today (nightshift can be hell on your training sessions)

What: Nothing
Why: Feeling very tired and im covering about 21 miles the next 2 days, thought id best rest for today.
Last Hard: Wednesday
Last Rest: today

Have a great weekend people

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
06/12/2002 at 23:07
Took a chance & went out in the Trigons. Calves a bit sore now.

However.....
9 miles in 58:28 (i.e. just inside 6:30 schedule) - success!!
mile splits:
6:30 - 6:34 - 6:33 - 6:19 - 6:28 - 6:26 - 6:21 - 6:34 - 6:43

felt the wheels beginning to come off towards the end of the 7th mile, but unlike previous weeks, total disintegration did not ensue; held it together q well.

Couple of downsides -
1) an effort of that length in chilly air really gunged up my airways. Didn't affect me while I was running - but as soon as I'd finished, I was gagging on accumulated gunge - nearly threw up.
2) I have real difficulty keeping my HR down on these sessions. Almost certainly due to state of mind (knowing I'm going to need full commitment) - but as a result I'm into the 160s v quickly (as if I'm running a race). Average HR tonight was 168.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.