full potential training plans

1 message
24/02/2013 at 22:58

when i started running in jan , after a reasonable fitness level already, i had an idea to run the 1/2 M in march, well the ice, snow and naivety changed that as i realised i hadn't trained long enough or well enough to do the event any justice that i'd be proud of

i decided on focusing 10k first, since jan i have been running 4x week and do other activities , such as boot camps, swimming couple times a month and cycle , as i did these anyway , my running has improved and my 5k parkrun times have gone from 33 mins to 28 

my longer runs i can now do 8 miles , i feel i can do more, but gradually been increasing , not wanting to over do it 

i got a code for a free plan from full potential which i used to get a 10k plan in 8 weeks, it seems achievable,  i am hoping for a time of 55 mins

there are lots of interval type things in the training, like run 3 mins,  jog 2 etc, which i don't do, i just run , i guess the intervals etc are to help improve speed  and stamina , makes sense

last time i tried to run faster i got really worn out fast ! 

the plan has 5 days with 2 days rest, 3 of the on days are in blue, the other 2 are grey , i wondered if they were optional and the blue were priority must be included, its didn't explain itself well, it was free so not a complaint as such, just confusing 

any one used their plans before ? or opinions? 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.