Garmin- Hints,tips.. share your knowledge

4 messages
24/10/2012 at 12:47

Hello I have jsut purchased the garmin 910XT can anyone tell me if you can upload via your pc different interval times to do for example 4 x3min efforts, with 1min 30secs recovery, 4x2min efforts 1min recovety and so forth....

On the go i don't think it is possible to set a mixture of interval and recovery so curious as to whether this is possible on your pc?

Will look into this myself when i get the chance but throught I would see if anyone knew first hand?

Many thanks and keep on running!

24/10/2012 at 13:29

Garmin Training Centre can be installed onto your PC.  It has a workouts section that can be uploaded to your Garmin device (via the ANT+ stick).  You can create your own workouts, with different sections so that you can create interval sessions and tempo sessions with warm up/cool down periods.  You can also download a ready-made schedule from the training section of this web site.

I've just tried using the Garmin Connect web site to create workouts and upload to my 405CX - unfortunately it only seems to be able to copy one workout at a time to my watch, and this over-writes the previous one.  So Training Centre is much better as it can upload a whole schedule (i.e do this workout on this date) to your device. 

24/10/2012 at 14:22

thank you for this- based on your findings ill install the training centre and upload a series of workouts on there.

25/10/2012 at 09:16

Garmin Training Center covers the basic options. For PC users, the Sport Tracks program allows for much more detailed analysis of running data. There is a free plug-in piece of software that allows you to create all your own custom workouts which can then be uploaded back up into your Garmin device. I think this is an easier bit of software to use than GTC but it may incur a small fee to use the fully featured sport tracks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.