'GO FAST FOOD'

21 to 28 of 28 messages
26/08/2002 at 19:22
Tea. Toast. Lots of.
26/08/2002 at 19:31
What on earth is white marmite, or shouldn't I ask?

mm
26/08/2002 at 20:50
White marmite, as reported authoritatively by Dangly Spice (see the Marmite/Oxo thread) - or are you suggesting there are fictions adrift on this forum? oh my God. s.
26/08/2002 at 20:53
Working in a Pizz/pasta restaurant I feel like I'm carbo loading every day of the week.
Pre race meal is usualy fettucine della cassa, spinach, mushrooms, onions, marinted tomatoes, a hint of pesto & pan fried with fettucine & an egg tossed in at the last minute ...... dee..lish.
Morning of race either toast & honey or muesli & a bannana.
Must try a pizza with a marmite base.
26/08/2002 at 20:55
Achilles/Dangly Spice

don't mean to be obtuse but, eh?

mm
27/08/2002 at 12:00
Sunday dinner - roast lamb, mashed & roast potatoes, cabbage, carrot and turnip gravy a mint sauce.

Not sure if it was the above or maybe it could have been new trainers, or new lime green flourescent socks, but Sunday evenings run of 7 miles was my longest run for a long time.
p.s many thanks to Mike S for recommendation of Running Bear in Alderley Edge, excellent service.
27/08/2002 at 12:26
MM - get with the program, man! Parsley confirms the white marmite aberration thingy. see Marmite/Oxo thread. would we like to you of all people? s.
27/08/2002 at 13:21
Pasta, usually spag bol, the night before races.
Breakfast before races or long runs: bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes for instant sugar hit, plus a couple of slices of toast and maramlade for more long term fuel, plus a banana about an hour before the race.
No marmite sorry! but then I do have marmite sandwhiches almost everyday for lunch.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.