Good days and bad days

2 messages
16/01/2012 at 12:43

I was wondering if i am the only one with this problem. Well, is not really a problem, but more of a strange thing..............

when i get enxious about the distance or speed or my training schedule i don't do very well: i get  tired easily and don't preform as well as other times.

when i try to make an effort and push myself a bit further i get the opposite result.

But the funny thing is that when i go for a "relaxed run", with no aims, only to enjoy myself running at an easy pace and get fresh air................and i tell to myself "I am just doing an easy fun joghen.....i end up running faster and more distance without even noticing it!

is that normal?

last month i went for one of those leisure jogs and ended up doing 20k in just over 2 hours..................by pounding the pavement in my town listening to music.....................but when i try to do the same sticking to a training schedule i find it hard to keep up..............so trying to push myself and making an effort does not work for me......

Am i the only one?

16/01/2012 at 13:11
I knocked 12 mins off my 8-mile easy run time on Sat without planning to go "fast" and not even trying....my heart-rate was lower than over the same route a few months ago so maybe I'm like you too! I doubt I would have gone that fast if I'd set out to beat my time like that!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.